Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

henry

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 7:18am Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

I love Stephen´s voice, especially the audio books of Harry Potter he did: they are are magic! I wrote a piece of Potter fan fiction, hope you like it. Be warned: Harry and Snape have a different relationship in my story than in the original books ; ) I just imagine how it would sound when Stephen would read it….

All characters belong to J.K. Rowling. This story is purely a hobby.

The Last Potion

They said time would heal, his grief would wear off. But it didn’t. As the seasons passed, Harry felt increasingly desperate. When snow fell, he would sit in the cold, without a Warming Spell and wouldn’t even notice it. In spring everyone had new hopes, but to Harry it was just a reminder of the complete uselessness of his existence.

It was only when he walked in the woods, that he felt a bit better. When he walked in the forest, he always felt that Severus was watching him, silently standing amongst the trees. Severus’s eyes following him when he jumped over a stream, smiling at him when he lay down in the grass. But he also knew it was an illusion. Severus was gone. It was three years since Voldemort had been defeated and Severus had died.

Harry’s desperate mind was filled with Severus’s voice, his stubborn character, the texture of his pale skin, his smell. And his brain made the wind feel like Severus’s kiss, the sun like the heat of his skin, the smell of crushed pine needles between his fingers like Severus’s smell. His former potions master and lover was omnipresent, he breathed Severus in like air. But he also knew it was just his mind trying to comfort his senses. Severus was no longer there. Never again. And Harry would stay as miserable as he was now until his dying day. How he wished that day would come soon!

At first he didn’t realise it: that his physical desires slowly mingled with a strong and passionate longing for death. Often, he lay on the forest soil, caressing himself, remembering the touch of Severus’s hand, seeing his master standing by the trees, watching him, as if he silently called out to Harry. He used to imagine that Severus would come close to him, kneel beside him and make love to him. But lately his lover stayed at a distance, looking at him, silently and expectantly, as if he wanted to say: ‘Come with me, come into my world. In death we will be reunited.’

The day Harry went to Severus’s study, he knew he was making a mistake. Like knowing that invoking the powers of darkness was like looking for trouble.

As Harry himself was now a teacher at Hogwarts, he pleaded with Dumbledore to leave Snape’s room as it was, so he could sit there and study all the books and notes that the potion master had left to the world of magic. But he could never bring himself to actually do it, the grief still being too deep. So, Snape’s room just gathered dust and stayed desolate.

Until now. He opened the door and the sight of the room, where he used to go to so often to see Severus, just knocked him for six. It was as if Severus had left the room just a few minutes before and could walk in at any time. Harry wept and tenderly touched Severus’s chair. How often had he observed his potions master, when he corrected the work of his students till late at night, his eyes fixed on the papers, a slight frown on his forehead, very dedicated. Not at all like the rather arrogant and rigid man most people knew.

Harry sat down and opened the books on the desk. He didn’t read, he just wanted to enjoy the idea of opening and browsing through the books that Severus touched the day before he died. His fingers slid down the written text, where Severus had written notes in the margin. When he opened one of the drawers, he saw an envelope. And on it, in Severus’s vibrant handwriting that Harry knew so well: ´Harry´. Just the one word. And it made Harry shiver. Like Severus spoke to him from the hereafter. His hands trembled as he opened the envelope. He unfolded the only page that it contained and saw to his surprise that it was a recipe for a potion. No explanation, no instruction.

Harry just sat there, staring at the recipe, one hour, maybe two. He knew few of the ingredients that were mentioned, but he recognized digitalis, which was a poison when used in large quantities. Why would Severus leave him this recipe? Perhaps to end his misery in a mild way. It might do a little bit more than just kill him. Or it might not kill him at all.

He smiled when he remembered the very first lesson by his former potions master and how Severus warned him to pay more attention. He did not realize that Harry carefully wrote down every word: ´I can tell you how to bottle fame, how to brew glory and even to put a stop to death.´

When the sun went down, he took a decision and slowly started to make the potion that Severus had offered him. He found all the things he needed in the potions cabinet and finally took the potion in a bottle with him, when he walked into the night. In the moonlight he walked to the forest, to his favourite tree and sat on its roots. He did not feel Severus’s presence, his imagination did not bring him to life and Harry hesitated for a moment. At that moment, the moon disappeared behind a cloud and Harry was overcome with an unspeakable loneliness. He pulled the stopper off the bottle and drank the lot. He then lay down and waited.

He was startled when he heard his name, softly at first, then a bit louder: ´Harry.´ He looked up and saw Severus standing next to him. It was neither an illusion, nor his imagination.
´Severus,´ Harry whispered, his voice husky. He couldn’t speak anymore and flung himself into the arms of this man, this ghost, whatever it was that looked so real. And it felt real, too. They kissed and caressed each other and neither of them spoke. Then Severus said: ´Come, we don’t have much time. The potion only works until dawn. Come with me, dear boy.´

And Harry went with him, not caring if this was real and he would live, or if it was Death in the disguise of Severus, granting him one last moment with the man he loved.

henry

Posted Sun Sep 20th, 2009 6:39pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

Please feel free to comment! I do appreciate suggestions to improve a story.

tito

Member *

Posted Sun Sep 20th, 2009 11:01pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

Very good!

I particularly want a potion for myself that conjures Alan Rickman up.

Do you have this recipe to hand?

henry

Posted Mon Sep 21st, 2009 2:29pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

Hey, thanks Tito! Yes, I know the feeling, about that Alan Rickman potion...If only....

tito

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 1:17am Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

The difficulty for me would be on deciding to conjure him as Severus or as the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Nitro

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 3:46am Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

Is there a potion that could make a swiss cheese/mushroom/bacon cheeseburger for me? Medium rare please. Thank you.

Really? Wow.

henry

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 12:29pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

Oh as Severus, Tito! No question at all!
Rickman is like French cheese, isn't he: the older the better...!

tito

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 12:31pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

Yes. But then it is a habit of men to improve with age anyway.

henry

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 2:00pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

Tito wrote: ´But then it is a habit of men to improve with age anyway´

Well, I don´t think I do...

Snape is, as Stephen said in an interview, such a sad and lonely figure. You just have to adore him. And he had such a terrible childhood; sad and miserable men are my favorite
He didn´t get the credits he deserved for his bravery though. Well, Harry called his son Albus Severus... Not much, is it. JK Rowling can´t believe people love him... She shouldn´t have made him that sexy then!!

tito

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 2:16pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

He's exactly the kind of fella you'd get the hots for. Alan Rickman does have the deep, tortured soul look.

Dark people are of interest because they arouse a natural curiosity as to why their souls have become dark in the first place.

As Nitro will confirm, I am sure, cheerful people bore me rigid.

henry

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 6:02pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

Ah yes, you say it well; that deep, tortured look.
Who could forget Snape´s first lesson in Potions, as he stands by his desk and says with that dark, velvety voice: ´There will be no silly wand waving in my class room!´
Or the lessons in Occlumency, where he dangerously steps towards Harry, saying: ´Prepare yourself, I´m going to penetrate your mind.´

So who wants cheerful Hagrid or lovely glad-he-died-Dobby?

tito

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 7:38pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

Not me!
I have only seen the first three films I must admit.

And old AR was my reason for watching them.

henry

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 9:19pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

You must catch up then. He gets better in each film!

tito

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 9:28pm Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

I usually wait until they come on tv. Now my kids are grown up I miss out on these things!

Hopefully they'll put another one on around Christmas. Is he in the others a bit more? I never felt we saw enough of him.

henry

Posted Wed Sep 23rd, 2009 10:04am Post subject: Harry Potter fan fiction

In the Order of the Feniks he can´t be missed! He drags Harry down a dungeon and gives him mind reading lessons. Ow! What a power! So take a look at the second hand book-dvd shop and buy yourself a present! I always mark the chapters on the dvd for the Snape- bits. In this case: chapter 17 and 22 are the ones I always view over and over again.
And I must admit that this is the way I read the books too...
I guess in the last film, Deathly Hallows, there will be a lot of Snape too, because he dies... I don´t think I can stand watching that... He is killed by a snake, and dies slowly, so at least there will be a long camera shot of him.