Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

RighthoJeeves

Posted Fri May 4th, 2007 9:02pm Post subject: Health care
For those of you who do not live in countries like the UK where health care is free - Who do you go to for health care? My husband was told that because he has bipolar ( I have it also) he is high risk and cant get any. Is this true? He has been told we have to apply to the State for help or if his employment offers then he can get help through that... For those in the US ,what do you do for health care? I am with my parents only because it kept me alive when I got so sick and now that my husband is here, we are looking for our own ( my psychiatrist knows) Suggestions will be welcomed, we are moving to Utah ( just my husband and I. my parents will later) and need guidance on how to get the health care we need.

Britannicus

Posted Wed May 23rd, 2007 6:58am Post subject: Health care
I live in Utah, but I don't know the route someone needs to take for health care. I'll check up with some friends, I know a few that probably have a much better grasp on the system than I do. I'll let you know what they say.

EDIT: Okay, my friend that is bipolar had her meds paid for by her insurance, but she is a dependent with her parents, and I think that works differently, but I'm not terribly sure, I normally avoid this healthcare stuff. I'll keep asking around though.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

RighthoJeeves

Posted Fri May 25th, 2007 1:29am Post subject: Health care
Right now I am in Iowa with my folks, I use my maiden name for going to doctors visits since I am on my parents insurance, only because I would litterally be dead if I didnt have that insurance so the insurance people have to think I am not married. I dont want to forever do that though, I want to be able ot have care with my married name. My psychiatrist does know I am married, my husband sees another one of the doctors he works with.. besides that point, I am moving in August to Provo. I would be so grateful if you know how to get doctors in Utah for married biopolars- I plan to research too.
Thanks for your help

Britannicus

Posted Fri May 25th, 2007 2:15am Post subject: Health care
I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything that might be useful. I think I know a few people in Provo, if anything they might be able to point in the right direction. I don't know if I'll be able to find much, but I'll try. Good luck on all this, that is a big move all the way from Iowa!

"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Britannicus

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 8:43pm Post subject: Health care
Okay so far I've been having a lot of trouble finding information short of calling the insurance companies. Me + phones = feeeaaar. X-D Maybe I can convince a friend to do it for me, haha. Sorry... But I'm still keeping a lookout!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2007 9:19am Post subject: Health care
Just an addition to this thread for anyone in Australia.
If you need help, talk to your GP. Medicare will cover most (if not all) the costs for seeing someone. No matter what your circumstances are.... (I.E. Health Care Card or otherwise)