Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 8:37pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
While reading heat magazine this week, I came across something that made me smile. It was a section called 'The Hot List', the top ten things heat are obsessed with this week. And at number 6 was:
The New-Look Stephen Fry
He's back this week in the Sky1 drama Bones, and if you saw him on Chris Moyles' C4 show you'll know he's looking like a new man: tanned and lithe. Even more reason to love him.

Now I take that to mean that whoever wrote that fancies him. I'd like to think that heat has such good taste!

Ooh! And then in the tv bit, there was a section on Bones that said:
This week, the magnificent Stephen Fry is back in his role as the tart British shrink Dr Gordon Wyatt. And that is really all ye need to know.

I like heat's sudden interest in Mr Fry!

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

exoskeleton

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 9:04pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
he does look so different! it's not difficult to notice (and admire!)

although I feel the need to emphasize that complexion and/or girth changes do not make anyone less valuable, whether the person in question Stephen Fry or the guy walking down the street below my window!

I would love to hear magazines in the US mention Stephen though. then again, I don't read very many magazines, and I have a feeling he will not be showing up on the pages of Seventeen very soon...
I just get frustrated when the American press talks about big Twitter users and they totally don't recognize Stephen at all. he has tons of followers, he follows back and does things to accommodate followers, shares really interesting stuff, etc.
(I wouldn't want him to get too popular though or else the Jeeves and Wooster DVDs will never be in the library...House causes enough trouble in that department...)

his quote about Jade Goody got in the "Milestones" tribute to her in TIME magazine.

sockdolager.

Rain Dog

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 10:45am Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
That's so cool. I can't wait to see the new Bones episode, but I haven't even finished watching the previous season yet and it would be strange to see it now. But I have seen the Chris Moyles show episode, and Stephen looked absolutely gorgeous! He was so funny too.

I just remembered that here in Finland, YLE news mentioned Stephen Fry (even had a picture of his twitter page) in a news item about Twitter. But I wish he was mentioned in the media more. I remember when Jeeves & Wooster was repeated here last summer and for the first week there was the same picture of Stephen and Hugh from that series in at least six different magazines and newspapers.

PamJH

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 1:30pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
I wish he were more popular in the U.S., too.

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 2:17pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
Unfortunately, I think being successful or popular is the US is seen as a negative thing in Great Britain. It is best that Mr. Fry enjoy is well deserved respect and adulation over there. We can enjoy in small quiet circles.

PamJH

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 3:30pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
Unfortunately, I think being successful or popular is the US is seen as a negative thing in Great Britain. It is best that Mr. Fry enjoy his well deserved respect and adulation over there. We can enjoy in small quiet circles.

You're probably right, Ginj. And it is nice to be a fan of someone not everyone knows.

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 4:18pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
You're probably right, Ginj. And it is nice to be a fan of someone not everyone knows.
Really? I must admit I like finding places where I can share Mr. Fry. It just seems to be more fun that way. I wish there were more places to do that. :-//

exoskeleton

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 5:25pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
I think it's fine being a fan of someone less known, because then if you do find someone who knows him or her, it's exciting.

like when I was wearing my shirt and someone's like "oh, Stephen Fry. he wrote The Liar." and I was like "YES HE DID!!! ahem. you are correct."

sockdolager.

Soph

Posted Thu Apr 23rd, 2009 2:53pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
Silly Heat magazine, Stephen is supposed to be #1 on The Hot List.

I really wouldn't know how well known Stephen is in the US, but it's so nice to see thiers quite a few of you here on the forum. I got a bit of an idea when I went to a psychologist and she was American and wrote his name several times as 'Steve Frye.' X-D Shame.

Photobucket

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Apr 23rd, 2009 3:41pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
I think it's fine being a fan of someone less known, because then if you do find someone who knows him or her, it's exciting.

like when I was wearing my shirt and someone's like "oh, Stephen Fry. he wrote The Liar." and I was like "YES HE DID!!! ahem. you are correct."
But see, the point is, it became more fun when you found someone to share him with. Stephen is wonderful and lovely, but he is even more fun when he is shared with the world.

Well, Soph I hope you gave the psychologist a copy of Moab.

Help

Posted Thu Apr 23rd, 2009 4:15pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
Silly Heat magazine, Stephen is supposed to be #1 on The Hot List.

I really wouldn't know how well known Stephen is in the US, but it's so nice to see thiers quite a few of you here on the forum. I got a bit of an idea when I went to a psychologist and she was American and wrote his name several times as 'Steve Frye.' X-D Shame.
Stephen should TOTALLY be 'Torso of the Week'

exoskeleton

Posted Thu Apr 23rd, 2009 5:16pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!

But see, the point is, it became more fun when you found someone to share him with. Stephen is wonderful and lovely, but he is even more fun when he is shared with the world.

yes, quite true! it was very fun.

sockdolager.

exoskeleton

Posted Thu Apr 23rd, 2009 5:27pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!

oh dear!
the only way I can put him into context is that most people my age know who Hugh Laurie is (of course via House only), and some of them know he's British, and some of them know he did British comedy, and then that's a way to explain it.
otherwise it's pretty hopeless because Stephen hasn't specialized into a particular profession (which is great...but confusing to others.)

sockdolager.

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Tue May 5th, 2009 8:39pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
More Fry-love in heat this week. Someone wrote in asking if he could be Torso of the Week! I say yes please!!!! The woman said how she hates men like Zac Efron, and she's glad heat have come to their senses regarding men folk. She reckons that heat have finally admitted what we all think: that Stephen Fry is H.O.T! She then goes on to say we should champion the oh-so-brainy one for Torso of the Week. Amen to that, sister!

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

PamJH

Posted Tue May 5th, 2009 9:11pm Post subject: heat Magazine love Stephen Fry!
I would love to hear magazines in the US mention Stephen though. then again, I don't read very many magazines, and I have a feeling he will not be showing up on the pages of Seventeen very soon...
I just get frustrated when the American press talks about big Twitter users and they totally don't recognize Stephen at all. he has tons of followers, he follows back and does things to accommodate followers, shares really interesting stuff, etc. ...

Time magazine listed its 100 most influential people in the world this week. The magazine got celebrities and admirers to write the articles which puts the publication on par with People magazine. Anyway, Ashton Kutcher (sp?) wrote the article on the Twitter guys. It also mentioned that Kutcher has a million followers. Time should have had Stephen write the article. At least he makes an attempt to tweet his followers and do his own updates, unlike a lot of celebs we could mention. The whole tone of the top 100 just hit a sore point with me.
Rant over.