Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Melissa

Posted Sat Dec 29th, 2007 10:45am Post subject: Heely Trainer skates
I was watching the Christmas special QI a couple of days ago and there was talk of kids that wear 'Heely's' skate trainers. The panel were laughing about kids being able to lift their toes and just skate away; Stephen wondered why only kids wear them. Well, I'm 31 and regularly wear my skate trainers in our local Asda (much to the amusement of the other big kids) and wondered if any other grown-ups wear them too?!
Perhaps we should club together and get Stephen some... they are great fun! X-D

masquerade

Posted Sat Dec 29th, 2007 11:59am Post subject: Heely Trainer skates
I can't say I've ever seen an adult wearing them but it sounds like great fun! The thought of Stephen wearing them is somewhat amusing; I second the movement to get him some. X-D

Melissa

Posted Sat Dec 29th, 2007 1:59pm Post subject: Heely Trainer skates
I'd suggest the type with two wheels in the hel rather than one - they're quite a challenge to master but well worth it. It cuts shopping time in half! Mind you, I only started using them in Asda as it provided a way of having stabilisers with wheels on! It took me about weeks to get up the courage to let go of the trolley and try on my own!

Good fun though! X-D

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Dec 29th, 2007 8:27pm Post subject: Heely Trainer skates
I haven't skated in years. Even as a child I didn't skate much but it was always fun. The trainers ones look pretty nifty.

Assuming direct control...

Mandibles

Posted Mon Jan 14th, 2008 6:49pm Post subject: Heely Trainer skates
They freak me out a bit to be honest. Ever since I was a child I knew that some sort of leg motion was required to make you move forward...seeing people with stiff legs skating forward on wheels is a bit terrifying.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Melissa

Posted Mon Jan 14th, 2008 10:31pm Post subject: Heely Trainer skates
I suppose 'skating' is the wrong word for it really; 'gliding' would be more appropriate. It is tremendous fun when you get the hang of it though, I went belting round the aisles in B&Q at the weekend, picking empty rows to get to where I needed to be. There was a girl of around 6 years old in there at the time, she thought it was hilarious!

Worth a try if you've got the guts!! (but then I'm a bit banonkers anyway) X-D