Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

McChicklet

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 3:39pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Hello everyone,

i am new to this site (i dont know why it took me so long either) but i just wanted to say hello to you all . its nice to meet you.

i have been a fan of Mr Fry for a very long time, i grew up watching the genius and am inspired by the wit, charm, compassion and generosity of intellect he shares with the world.

so without further ado,

have a wonderful day, enjoy and love all you can and immerse yourself in the goodness of others.

with love. McChicklet.

ratoutofhell

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 10:40pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Hello McChicklet (great name )

Have fun finding your way round the forum

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 10:41pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Hi *waves*

McChicklet

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 11:07am Post subject: Hello, i'm new
*wave* hello

i have been reading some of the posts in this forum, its such a varied place of expression. its nice to find a place where you opinion will be respected whether or not it is shared.

i hope to talk to many of you in the future.

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 6:17pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
What happens if I'm beyond being understood - does that mean I can't understand others?

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 6:53pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Well beyond being understood would mean people cant understand YOU, doesnt mean you cant understand THEM....

Btw, to beyond understood implies that you know how we think about you, which you dont. Maybe we might understand part of you...? give us a try at least

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 7:03pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Ah, a fellow Alexander Pope fan, I see!

Okay, I'll put you to the test, but not until I've fed my cats and sorted supper.

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 7:28pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Okay, the cats are full and supper is simmering nicely. One example: why is it that I don't understand the compass? Why is it that, from my point of view, north is always forward or upward and south down or behind? Why is it that Birmingham is north of Reading, yet south of Scotland. Which is it ... north or south?

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:00pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Well Im a tad stumped purely cos I have no clue where Birmingham or Reeading is in relation to Scotland....
but in terms of why you dont understand it; You have answered that in your question - from YOUR point of view it is a particular way in your mind, you imagine or visualise or make sense of direction differently to others.
I kinda do the same in that when I think of a day or month or time of day I see it in my head as an image.... I see September after August and before October - nearly like a calender but not in your typical calender form....
Its how my mind has chosen to understand the world around me. Your mind has decided that it makes more sense to you that north is a particular way etc.

Did I pass??!??!??!?! X-D

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:09pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
I have to say that you're the first person who has given me the benefit of an alternative to being stupid. I'm really not that blond. I just get sucked into silly dilemmas. For instance, I was invited to a Guy Fawkes party. The host stipulated that guests either dressed up as a firework or took one. I spent about two days making a fantastic rocket out of cardboard boxes, painting and sticking, moulding and shaping - the rocket head was amazing: purple with gold and silver stripes and eye holes. I even cut arm holes into the body. My chaperone took his firework. When we arrived, my friend helped me to dress into the rocket. We walked proudly up the path, opened the door and out of about 50-odd guests, I was the only one dressed as a firework ... why?

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:15pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
because you were the only who had the balls, creativity and sense of fun to actually do it..... you made the effort that other people either couldnt or wouldnt because of their own lack of ability or securities. If you showd up to a party I was throwing like that, Id think you were a genius! nobody has the neck or effort these days.... people could learn from you.

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:40pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Well, perhaps I could write a book about it. About the time I went with a girlfriend to a 'bad taste at the Ritz' party held by our local hospice Committee. We dressed up as prostitutes ... well, that is bad taste, isn't it? She dressed as a tarty chambermaid with feather duster and I was dressed in a nasty purple short skirt, purple boob-tube, red stockings, black high heeled shoes, hair pulled up on top of my head, cheap jewellery (borrowed of course) and lashings of make up ... just the part really. When we opened the doors to the venue (bit like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when they ran out to meet the guns), silence hit us ... bad taste to the Committee meant mixing diamonds with pearls and mis-matching the bow tie and cummerbund - the worst I saw was someone wearing slippers with his DJ!!!! Not many women spoke to us that evening ...

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:44pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Lmao, You are a legend!! you sound like great craic, people really need to loosen up abit in this world.... If its anything to ya, Id have interpreted it the same way!

ratoutofhell

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:47pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Well, perhaps I could write a book about it. About the time I went with a girlfriend to a 'bad taste at the Ritz' party held by our local hospice Committee. We dressed up as prostitutes ... well, that is bad taste, isn't it? She dressed as a tarty chambermaid with feather duster and I was dressed in a nasty purple short skirt, purple boob-tube, red stockings, black high heeled shoes, hair pulled up on top of my head, cheap jewellery (borrowed of course) and lashings of make up ... just the part really. When we opened the doors to the venue (bit like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when they ran out to meet the guns), silence hit us ... bad taste to the Committee meant mixing diamonds with pearls and mis-matching the bow tie and cummerbund - the worst I saw was someone wearing slippers with his DJ!!!! Not many women spoke to us that evening ...

I would have spoken to you if I'd been there! Sounds like a fabulous outfit (and the committee were just too far up themselves to realise it).

As far as the north/south thing goes, north is (to me) uphill. Or whichever way I'm facing. So when we drive from Bedford to Birmingham (say) and then back again, it's quicker coming back cos it's downhill. Obvious really.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:47pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Well, there you go. Maybe it's everyone else and not me after all.

Craic? And that would be what in English?

Righto, I need to put my domestic engineer's hat on, so orf I tootle. Good to chat, though it is worrying that perhaps someone who is equally mad is loose on the streets too!