Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:50pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Craic is the Irish term for "a laugh"

Craic agus ceol is Gaelic for Music and laughter.... not crack as in the cocaine LMAO!

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:51pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Hello ratoutofhell. You are so right!!!! I always think of going to Cornwall as downhill and coming back to Bedfordshire as uphill, but then I get confused because if I went to Scotland, Beds would be downhill, wouldn't it? I have to say that I'm a brilliant navigator - just give me the map and I'm well away and I get there (and I ask directions if I am lost).

By the way, have you ever lost your car in the carpark? Isn't it embarrassing, especially when you've walked up and down a multistorey a couple of times and then people begin to notice!

ratoutofhell

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:55pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Hello ratoutofhell. You are so right!!!! I always think of going to Cornwall as downhill and coming back to Bedfordshire as uphill, but then I get confused because if I went to Scotland, Beds would be downhill, wouldn't it? I have to say that I'm a brilliant navigator - just give me the map and I'm well away and I get there (and I ask directions if I am lost).

By the way, have you ever lost your car in the carpark? Isn't it embarrassing, especially when you've walked up and down a multistorey a couple of times and then people begin to notice!

We usually get out of the supermarket and look around vaguely for a few minutes before one of us says (slightly embarrassed) "Where did we put the car again?" Multistoreys are easier for some reason... It's nice having a partner who's as daft as I am....

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 8:59pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
My mam is the worst for loosing the car.... she now saves the level and number or space on her mobile. She has so many outbox texts of random numbers and letters...

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 9:19pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Oh dear. It seems that joining this forum has encouraged my mental regression. I fear that I have been drawn into a new world where mad people are in abundance ... oh good!

Righto, I'll leave you with a joke: did you hear about the magic tractor that went down the lane and turned into a field?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa teeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeee

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 9:28pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
lol.... Cya chick x

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 10:04pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Well, perhaps I could write a book about it. About the time I went with a girlfriend to a 'bad taste at the Ritz' party held by our local hospice Committee. We dressed up as prostitutes ... well, that is bad taste, isn't it? She dressed as a tarty chambermaid with feather duster and I was dressed in a nasty purple short skirt, purple boob-tube, red stockings, black high heeled shoes, hair pulled up on top of my head, cheap jewellery (borrowed of course) and lashings of make up ... just the part really. When we opened the doors to the venue (bit like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when they ran out to meet the guns), silence hit us ... bad taste to the Committee meant mixing diamonds with pearls and mis-matching the bow tie and cummerbund - the worst I saw was someone wearing slippers with his DJ!!!! Not many women spoke to us that evening ...

I'm a bit shocked, actually. I can't even imagine the kind of person who would interpret "bad taste" as "mixing diamonds with pearls" instead of "Halloween came early this year." I mean, seriously, in this day and age? What kind of person under seventy could possibly look at an ad for such a party and think, "Ooh, I think I'll whip out my solitaire earrings and the pearl bracelet, that'll be a laugh and a half" and not "Blimey, where are my velvet orange trousers?!"

In my highschool in Texas, our class sometimes held had "spirit days". If we had been a public school with a thousand people and a strict dress code, we'd probably just have worn school colors. But we were a small private liberal place, so we had "What The F*ck Are You Wearing?" days instead. Ballet tutus and fairy wands were popular with the theatre crowd, I recall. Especially the boys.

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 10:21pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
I suppose we are talking about the English subtleties, aren't we really? If a man goes to the Ritz without a tie, expecting to take tea, then he would either be turned away or offered a tie from behind reception. I saw it just last Friday when I took cocktails there.

Turning up at a party dressed as a prostitute was probably a little close to the bone as far as some of the husbands were concerned ... perhaps that's why the women didn't talk to us! Home truths et al.

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 10:30pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
It's just that it's no *fun* dressing up in bad taste if it's something so trivial as mismatched jewelry... where's the actual "party" aspect in that?

Posh Totty

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 10:35pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Oh, I agree. It wouldn't have occurred to me to be so dull and unimaginative. You'd have been even more shocked to learn that most of the guests were in the 30-50 age range - they should have known better, I say. Needless to say I haven't been to one of their events again - come to think of it, I haven't been invited!

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 10:39pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Oh, I agree. It wouldn't have occurred to me to be so dull and unimaginative. You'd have been even more shocked to learn that most of the guests were in the 30-50 age range - they should have known better, I say. Needless to say I haven't been to one of their events again - come to think of it, I haven't been invited!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2007 11:05pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
It's just that it's no *fun* dressing up in bad taste if it's something so trivial as mismatched jewelry... where's the actual "party" aspect in that?

It doesn't sound like much fun to me either. It's as dull and uninspiring as turning up wearing odd socks. "Oooh how outrageous!"

Assuming direct control...

trouser material

Posted Fri Mar 23rd, 2007 8:20am Post subject: Hello, i'm new
This thread is genius. Totty, i imagine the blokes were all salivating over your outfit thus the women were all scowling and muttering.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall. X-D

I'd have turned up in a pink shirt with crimson feather boa and crimson top hat, and nothing from the waist down. That would give the toffs something to grumble about.

Posh Totty

Posted Fri Mar 23rd, 2007 4:51pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
Yes, I have to admit, you are right . My dance card was full! I wasn't surprised, frankly: the wives were so dour. Mind you, they had nothing to worry about ,considering what their husbands looked like ... monstrous lot!

Has anyone ever been to a "what you were wearing when the ship went down" party? Fantastic ... you can imagine, can't you?

Posh Totty

Posted Fri Mar 23rd, 2007 4:52pm Post subject: Hello, i'm new
By the way, I think you would have been arrested if you went to that party!