Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

rawlini

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 3:08am Post subject: help!
I phoned child protective services today on my sister and her boyfriend. The boyfriend is an ex-con (drug dealer) and has beaten my sister several times. Needless to say, he's pretty unstable and may be on any number of drugs. They live together, and have a 1 1/2 yr old son. Not sure if the boyfriend will flip out and attack her, the son, or go after me. Anyone dealt with something like this? Any advice? Anything?

AxmxZ

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 3:32am Post subject: help!
Any hope from local cops?

rawlini

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 3:45am Post subject: help!
I reported it about seven hours ago and was phoned back by a social worker. They have to investigate the claim (talk to both parents) and decide where to go from there. My sister made a police report several months back, but didn't press charges. The police haven't been involved since then. Maybe after they are forced to interview with the social worker, the police will get involved. But is also depends on how forthright my sisters responses to the social worker are. If she denies what's happening, there's little that can be done. If she's honest, hopefully this will snap her out of this nonsense. Anway, I'll know more by this time tomorrow. (By law, a social worker needs to follow-up on a complaint within 24 hours.)

ysabella

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 5:50am Post subject: help!
I'm so sorry to hear it, rawlini. It's a very dangerous situation. I hope your sister does the right thing and gets her child out of that danger. :'(

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 12:40pm Post subject: help!
I feel you're doing the right thing but I would be scared as hell about it myself. My thougths are with you.

Fourth Feline

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 1:56pm Post subject: help!
Sadly no advice, other than the sound advice already given - but my thoughts are with you, your sister and the child at this time.

I just hope she agrees to give evidence, or that he gets arrested on another charge ( away from the home environment ) and taken out of the equation.

Best wishes,

F.F.