Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

jewel

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 7:35am Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
I'll try, Pete...
thank you for support.

jewel

P.S. meekychuppet, you hacker

"The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on!"

meekychuppet

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 9:15am Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
I'll try, Pete...
thank you for support.

jewel

And you love it.

jewel

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 9:22am Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
but of course I do

ClareBear

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 3:43pm Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!

explain?

jewel

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 3:52pm Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
hmmm...
according to wikipedia: "A hacker is a person who uses computers as objects of study rather than as instruments that facilitate work. The more specific definition of the term is subject to the hacker definition controversy; people from at least three major subcultures centered around different aspects of computers use the term to refer to themselves.
By the mass media and in popular culture, it is most prominently used to mean a person who focuses on breaking security mechanisms of computer and network systems. This use is contrasted by the different understanding of the word as a person who, in a broad sense, adheres to a spirit of playful cleverness and, in a more specific sense, loves programming. It is found in an originally academic movement unrelated to computer security and most visibly associated with free software and open source. In a third meaning, the term refers to home computer hobbyists putting software or hardware of their system to the extreme."

so that's what I meant by jokingly naming meekychuppet a hacker I'm so used to informatics' terms that I sometimes forget that not everybody knows them (I have a bachelor degree in IT, so that explains it).

ClareBear

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 3:57pm Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
I was questioning it's usage, not it's meaning. Where did the image Meeky posted come from?

jewel

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 3:59pm Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
oh, didn't catch that... :-//
it's from my MySpace page... I put the link in my profile here and that's how he managed to post it.

ClareBear

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 4:03pm Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
'kay. Just that when someone says hacker here, I will always get twitchy.

jewel

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 4:55pm Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
ohhh ok, I'll keep that in mind, Atari...
anyway, it seems I've caused a bit off-topic here, so sorry about that, skylight...I'll try not to ramble anymore.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2007 8:40am Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
and there was I, thinking it was a reference to the Honorable James Hacker MP. Silly me.
Anyway... How are you feeling today Jewel? Much better I hope.
xox
Pete

Britannicus

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2007 8:49am Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
I love you.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

jewel

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2007 10:33am Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!

Anyway... How are you feeling today Jewel? Much better I hope.
xox
Pete

I'm kind of puzzled today and this is not so different mood than the other day during past few months. I just don't know what I want to do further with my life... I mean I graduated university two years ago, so shouldn't I be more sure if this is the right path I'm going? of course I loved my studies and still do, but the job is not so appropriate for me... it's easy to say "Then what's the big deal, find another job." It is a big deal for me, because when I started working in my current job, I realized that I'm not so sure what to do with my life at all...
anyway, sometimes I wish I could work as a hotel receptionist as I did during my studies for some time just to sort things out. You just go there, do your job and leave at the end of the shift not thinking about it at all. (but working night shifts isn't easy, after two years I decided to quit because of that and money thing)
so, I'm quite puzzled, but I hope I'll manage to sort things out with my job and my life. it's just the uncertainty that drives me crazy...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2007 11:25am Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
I'm quite puzzled, but I hope I'll manage to sort things out with my job and my life. it's just the uncertainty that drives me crazy...
Hi Jewel,
I think you're asking the 64 Trillion Dollar Question Here. (Adjusted for inflation and latest CPI figures - 13th Jun 2007), and that is "what is the meaning of life?"
I know what you mean Jewel. You do school, go to Uni and pass, get a job, get a promotion, and you still seem no happier, than you were before.
I am always looking around the corner to see if what's next, or question whether I could be happier. I question my parents decision to immigrate to Australia when I was a baby. Would things have been better, or would they be worse if they didn't.
I understand how you feel, because when I'm depressed, I feel there is no future, and question why I'm here. I'm not spiritual in anyway, so no use looking up in the air for inspiration either.
A few months ago I was very depressed. I packed my studio away, thought what's the use, no-one gives a stuff, so why should I. Then (about a fortnight later) as I felt better I thought about why I write music, and the answer (as best I could understand those brain cells between my ears) was that I do it for me. I record my emotions. I write about the things that I am passionate about. And that's what keeps me going.
I believe that work is simply a way to put the icing on the buns. But you need to give yourself time to eat them when your not at work (that's leisure time). I know too many people who have worked and worked in order to add sprinkles, only to turn around and find that the buns have disappeared, gone stale, or have been eaten by someone else.
As I mentioned before Jewel. Creativity is my own world, a world away from work, and I make it what I want it to be. It allows me to express and record, but more so, it gives me a reason to live.
Better go now. Hope this make sense, and Take Care.
xox
Pete

panda

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2007 4:49pm Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
Hi Jewel

I can relate to a lot of what you are saying about jobs. I feel quite similar at the moment, myself. I really enjoyed my subject at university but didn't do much research into the career it would lead to. (Wish i had taken a year out!) I just thought it was a subject I would enjoy and do well in. I did but working in this industry is another matter altogether. I am now seriously considering what i should do next. after i had my breakdown i worked as a pa. i thought i would hate it (was in academia/teaching before) but actually i found it very relaxing and nice to be able to switch off at the end of the day. it was only temporary though. am wondering if i should go for that full time (i might actually earn more money!) and then even retrain in something else (that i'm interested in but won't earn much money either, but might be beneficial in other ways). but maybe that is too ambitious. sorry to go off on a tangent. the point is, i can see the sense in wanting to do a calmer job (like the hotel receptionist) sometimes that makes sense. is there anything similiar that means you could work during the day?

ClareBear

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2007 6:15pm Post subject: Help Aaaahhhhh!!!
I love you.

err, thanks?