Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mrs. Dalliard

Posted Mon Jul 30th, 2012 3:40pm Post subject: Help me populate my virtual Stephen Fry party

A thought experiment. Given a time machine and universal translator, and Stephen Fry as your guest of honor, who would be your dream party guests? I will get it started with these luminaries:
1. Churchill (but of course)
2. Oscar Wilde (very much of course)
3. Harris, O'Toole and Burton (hide the breakables)
4. Aimee Semple McPherson (seated next to Stephen). Bonus points if you know who she is without Google.
5. Cleopatra.

Nitro

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2012 11:55am Post subject: Help me populate my virtual Stephen Fry party

Cicero (maybe he and Churchill would start their own party, or fight?)
Nelson Algren ( bonus points if you don't have to Google him lol )
Samuel Beckett (I want the seat right next to him and he, uninterrupted)
Marlene Dietrich (she wouldn't take shit from any of the men and all parties need a woman like that)
Robert Blake (for putting Piers Morgan in his place who shall forever be known now as "Charlie Potatos" )

Really? Wow.

Clive

Posted Wed Aug 1st, 2012 3:12pm Post subject: Help me populate my virtual Stephen Fry party

Ooh, ooh, ooh. FUN!

Peter Cook & Dudley Moore (I wouldn't force them to perform classic sketches or anything - they could bat a blowup doll between them)
Katharine Hepburn,
Dr. John,
Tommy Johnson (he'd just sit quietly in the corner sucking the methanol out of camping stove cans)
That woman who plays Dick's girlfriend on Third Rock From The Sun (because I fancy her)
My friend Matt (because I wouldn't know anyone there and I'd feel better if there was someone familiar to talk to, in case I didn't get on with anyone)
Sandi Toksvig,
Sandra Bullock (because I fancy her)
Alan Alda,
Tom Waits,
My childhood friend Daniel (because I don't have his contact details and want to apologise for something I did when I was eight and I'm assuming since we can magic people from the past we have the ability to obtain the emails of old friends to invite them)
Julie Andrews (at age 35 - when she was all pert and perky and did those shows at Carnegie Hall with Carol Burnett)
Ooh, Carol Burnett
James Joyce (because I want to seem literary)
P.G Wodehouse (because I need more than one author to balance out the pop culture icons. Just James Joyce would make it seem like I'm making a token attempt at being literary. And also because I love his books)
Hugh Laurie (why man, of course)
Noel Edmunds (because I want to slap him)
Paul Merton
Dame Maggie Smith
The Pearl/Gawain Poet (so I could ask him, 'Come on, did you *really* write both?)
Joseph, out off of Mary and Joseph (because he always gets overlooked in Biblical accounts and nativity plays and shit and I've always felt sorry for him)
Alicia Dixon (because I fancy her)
The Guy Who Invented Boggle (because I want to sleep with him).

Hang on, are we having this thing in my flat? Cos it's like three foot square, man. I don't think there's enough room.

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49

Nitro

Posted Thu Aug 2nd, 2012 9:33pm Post subject: Help me populate my virtual Stephen Fry party

>> Noel Edmunds (because I want to slap him)

ROFLMAO!!

I just looked at your site. You're really funny!

BTW, no one is allowed to speak with Joseph and I mean NO ONE. Don't ask me why. I mean it. Seriously. Don't ask me. I'll give you a hint though...Joseph is NOT a nice man. OK, that's all I'm saying.

Really? Wow.