Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

MerryMary

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 9:22pm Post subject: Help! Plus The New Yorker and Atlantic Monthly on fame
I've no idea what is going on with the trouble I'm having accessing the blog. If I use Safari, the application crashes. On the advice of one of you good people, I am using Firefox. Aha! Now I open the blog. Ahem! Now I cannot open the balance of the individual essays, or whatever the hell Fry calls them. The little "loading" wheel turns and produces nothing. Earlier today, the wheel was still rotating at thirty minutes. What stamina!

I need a favor. Would one of you kind people please send me, via PM, the "Let Fame" blessay? Perhaps someone needs to up their karma points today?

So that I don't get a bejillion, I ask the first nice person to come to my rescue: please note so in this thread.

Is this cool?
The October 22 New Yorker, David Denby , in his abstract, "Fallen Idols," discourses on the subject of fame. In particular, old versus new Hollywood, as put forth in Jeanine Bassinger's new book, "The Star Machine."
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/10/22/071022fa_fact_denby

The November issue of The Atlantic Monthly chimes in with it's own article, this one by Michael Hirschorn, "Fallen Stars." The subtitle is, "Can celebrities survive the age of too much information."
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/200711/fallen-celebrities

What fun to have this trinity of good reading!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Nov 11th, 2007 2:22am Post subject: Help! Plus The New Yorker and Atlantic Monthly on fame
I had the "Interminable Spinning Wheel Syndrome" earlier, and clicked on the comments button instead. Then scrolled on up to the Blessay.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

MerryMary

Posted Sun Nov 11th, 2007 2:28am Post subject: Help! Plus The New Yorker and Atlantic Monthly on fame
Good idea. I'll give it a go. Thank you.

Brilliant! Perfect solution. I can tuck the Xanax away.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Nov 11th, 2007 2:47am Post subject: Help! Plus The New Yorker and Atlantic Monthly on fame
Glad it worked!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry