Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

The Oracle

Posted Sat Jan 17th, 2009 5:05am Post subject: Help Wanted
Thicky McThicky here cannot and I will repeat that because I like the sound of my own voice (drone drone drone) cannot work out how to get an Avatar on this site.

I have managed on other webs I enjoy but I do not and cannot understand the technology of getting one set up on here, I am a little tissed off not to be able to put some pretty pictures up, soooooooooooo could someone anyone help me please.

You will have to type s l o w l y so that I can follow .............. then with any luck hey presto I might win this one (God knows I would like to feel good at least once a century)

Thank you very much to anyone who reads this and helps me .............and to the other who read and walk quickly by...............Bah humbug.

Nitro

Posted Sat Jan 17th, 2009 5:38am Post subject: Help Wanted
Looks to me as if certain profile options are turned off. Primarily the tools needed to browse to pictures on your computer and upload them as your avatar.

Which makes linking to a picture your only option. Are any of your pictures posted somewhere on the web, such as snapfish or photobucket? Or do you have a website where they are up? Click on that image, then copy and paste the URL into the field you see in your profile avatar options and click on 'submit'.

Some boards will automatically size your image to a pre-defined avatar dimension. Others ask that you do this manually yourself. I'm not sure what the rules here about that are ( you see I have no image and nor do I care enough if I do or not to do anything about it X-D ).

Perhaps the quickest way to solve your problem would be to send a PM to the administrator here regarding this issue.

Really? Wow.

The Oracle

Posted Tue Jan 20th, 2009 10:33pm Post subject: Help Wanted
Hey there Nitro, thanks for the info, I do have a photobucket account, but whats all this snipping and glueing are we making a scrap book?

I will not be spending my thruppence if thats what you are trying to do. no sir-ee
no cream cake teas for you.

(it's alright sweetie I won't let them scratching distance.)

Cheers anyhoo

Laters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!