Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mandibles

Posted Thu May 8th, 2008 10:17am Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
Since so many people have asked how to book tickets I thought I'd post a topic giving full instructions.

Firstly visit http://www.applausestore.com.

They are the distributors of the QI tickets. Once you are on their site, look to the top bar for an option called SHOW SCHEDULE. This will take you to a long list of shows currently on the site. Scroll down until you see QI.

Once you have clicked onto this you will see the QI page and in the middle of that there will be some show dates (or RESERVE LIST if the series is not currently filming) Once you click the date you want you will be asked to confirm your choice.

Applause Store will send you an email confirming that they have recieved your ticket request. This is NOT your ticket and does not guarentee your entry into the show. If you ticket application is successful then they will send you a second email that begins,

"Dear _______

Congratulations you have now been booked to see Stephen Fry's QI.....etc"

Make sure you have your email settings so that you are able to see links and pictures. The link in the middle of this email leads you to your ticket which you then print off. This is your valid ticket for the show.

Note that the applause store distribute more tickets than there are seats so despite your free ticket being valid it will not always guarentee your entry into the studio. If you visit the applause store they have a Priority members club and if you pay a certain amount of money then your ticket becomes "PRIORITY STATUS" This means that when you arrive at the studio at 6.30pm you will be let in before those who have normal passes.

I hope this has helped anyone who is confused about how to book tickets and feel free to PM me with any other questions you have - or if you didn't understand any of them above. I'm always availible.

With love,
Mandibles x (Natalie)

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu May 8th, 2008 1:09pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
"Dear _______

Congratulations you have now been booked to see Stephen Fry's QI.....etc"

An email I have never received

But I'm still getting in, so *fart sound* to you, Applause Store

Perhaps this can be stickified?

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Grant McGoldrick

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 5:44pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! THERE'S AN AGE RESTRICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M ONLY 16, SO I CAN'T GET IN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

ClareBear

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 8:16pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
If you're not *obviously* under 18 it'll not be a problem. I've never seen them ID people.

fryfan20

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 3:07am Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! THERE'S AN AGE RESTRICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M ONLY 16, SO I CAN'T GET IN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

why is there a age restriction ?
is it because fry says fuck a few times per show ?

I am what I am

AHisme

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 10:30am Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
It's a shame that when you register to the site, they don't have many countries you can choose from, and therefore you have to lie. When I say you, I obviosly mean me.

Mandibles

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 4:23pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.

why is there a age restriction ?
is it because fry says fuck a few times per show ?

The content of the show can't be judged since each show is unique. However, they put the 18+ restriction purely to be "on the safe side". I personally think that anyone born post 1988 has heard just about every swear possible. Gotta love those High School years...

Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Puppaz

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 4:27pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
I wish it wasn't so expensive to get to London
Orrrrr I wish I had money

Jeeves_and_Wooster_fan

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 9:26pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
I so, SO wish it would be made 16+ restriction.
But heyho, I probably won't get tickets for two years ANYWAY.

Miha

Posted Thu Nov 6th, 2008 11:22pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.

Well you're close by, that's not a big deal.

I'm thinking of flying over just to see the show live...

Okay maybe not seriously. But almost. Maybe my next trip to the UK will just happen to be at the same time the new series will be shot.

Mandibles

Posted Fri Nov 7th, 2008 7:49pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
I flew down as many times as I could afford for Series F.

Fly down in the morning, get to the studio at 12, start working, go to travel lodge at 12am, get up next morning, get to studio at 12, start working, go home at 12am, fly home the following morning.

People are like "wth? you were in Scotland this morning? You must be knackered!"

*Mandibles falls asleep in production office* X-D

*5 minute debate later*

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 7:54pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.

Me too. So expensive! I want to visit London so much. Did you see it in Griff Rhys-Jones' Greatest Cities of the World recently? Awesome (yet sadly short) series and it's just made me want to visit London more than ever 9and New York and Paris too).

Assuming direct control...

glossyibis

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 6:23pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
Attention please, those of you who've been to see QI in person. Is it too ridiculously early to try to get tickets, do you think? I'll be in the neighborhood next July.

No trees were harmed in posting this message, but several million electrons were hopelessly inconvenienced.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 7:16pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
Attention please, those of you who've been to see QI in person. Is it too ridiculously early to try to get tickets, do you think? I'll be in the neighborhood next July.

It appears you can reserve them already.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

glossyibis

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 8:19pm Post subject: Helpful : How to book tickets to see Stephen Fry's QI.
Thanks, Fryphile. That registration form is a bloody inquisition, eh?

No trees were harmed in posting this message, but several million electrons were hopelessly inconvenienced.