Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 4:44am Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
What I love about the 4th of July is the opportunity to celebrate our independence by burning things and blowing stuff up!!!

( insert applause and cheering...)

Fireworks RAWWWWK!!!

( more cheering...pan to audience members jumping up and down...)

I love smoke bombs. They don't really blow up so 'bomb' is a little fraudulent. They just emit clouds of colored smoke. Tons of it. I lerv, lerv, lerv it. And those snake things. The black pellets you light that 'grow' with heat ( snark heh heh heh ). And of course the good old illegal bottle rockets and M-80's are a nice side dish. Firecrackers..of course. Sparklers...check.

( zoom on an audience member fainting in delight )

So...anyone wanna take off all their clothes and run around the neighborhood draped in a flag?

( host is stampeded by audience and dies but celebrated as a hero via burning effigy at several thousand backyard bbq's nationwide...)

OK. Time for a cigarette

Really? Wow.

Maxx England

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 3:18pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Bottle rockets illegal in the Good Ole Gun Totin US of A? How bizarre, the shops here sell things that are not far off artillery

***So...anyone wanna take off all their clothes and run around the neighborhood draped in a flag? ***

Al the time, but never actually had the nerve. People might laugh. At my legs, damn you all, at my legs.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 3:35pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
I love fireworks - of all kinds. Especially the loud, pretty, shiny, dangerous ones, flag-draped or not.

michael

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 3:44pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Bottle rockets illegal in the Good Ole Gun Totin US of A?

depends on the state. as far as i know, there's nothing off limits here.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

exoskeleton

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 4:47pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
I like the fourth of July just fine, but I'm not quite planning for it yet. I love fireworks, although my dog very much doesn't and gets rather agitated when he can hear them.

sockdolager.

Nitro

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 5:42pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Maxx, you made me blow soda through my nose. Too funny X-D Your legs....right, of course... X-D

Pam, you sound like a Roman candle lover. I mean, lover of Roman candles....? ( not a double entendre, i swears..i swears it ) Seriously, they're beautiful.

Stop laughing!

michael, bottle rockets and m-80's are illegal where i live....just like everything else that feels, looks, or tastes good X-D

exo..I have some neighbors whose dog is like your dog in a parallel universe...he gets as close as he possibly can to fireworks without being burned - I mean RIGHT NEXT TO THEM -and drools like mad...probably a welder in his past-human life...or a pyromaniac ....

Really? Wow.

Mandibles

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 6:43pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
I am actually going to be in America for your 4th of July celebrations.

Looking forward to a pool party BBQ awesomeness time with big colourful bangs of light and life and all things American.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 6:59pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!

exo..I have some neighbors whose dog is like your dog in a parallel universe...he gets as close as he possibly can to fireworks without being burned - I mean RIGHT NEXT TO THEM -and drools like mad...probably a welder in his past-human life...or a pyromaniac ....
I am not sure why, but I found this very funny. You would think as a dog lover I would be horrified, but nope...definitely funny. X-D

You must live somewhere in the greater northeast. No fireworks allowed here either, as well as smoking in public, and selling/consuming alcohol in public except in very controlled licensed areas.

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 7:24pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!

No limitations here either. I'm going to this place in about 2 weeks, it's near Dallas. "No Smoking"... X-D

http://www.wf.net/~lcrump1/tgf.htm

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

andrealein

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 8:08pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!

I am not sure why, but I found this very funny. You would think as a dog lover I would be horrified, but nope...definitely funny. X-D

It IS very funny. I'd sooo like to see him.

michael

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 9:03pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
funny to think what's illegal in some places is a toy for 7 year olds in another.

er...perhaps that's why the laws were made! lol. missing fingers.

but ... no one's banned playing with snapping turtles.

not that i do. i just wave helloooo from a distance

Katrina

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 9:36pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!

No limitations here either. I'm going to this place in about 2 weeks, it's near Dallas. "No Smoking"... X-D

http://www.wf.net/~lcrump1/tgf.htm
Ain't nothin' illegal in Indiana! We have this nice exchange program with Illinois: they come over and buy our fireworks, we go over there and buy their alcohol on Sundays. It works out pretty well. X-D

Actually, the London Gay Pride Parade is July 4th this year, so that's where I'll be. I'm kind of... sad I guess to miss it, but I'll be in a celebratory mood nonetheless.

Oh, as far as not smoking in a fireworks store, the place down the street, pleasingly named, "Boomtown," blew up a few years ago, so now it's one floor instead of two. Good story, I know.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

Nitro

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 11:15pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Tobias, my head nearly blew off my shoulders just looking at those pics. Oh how I envy you...you...you Texan you X-D Jealousy floods my being...

No, I don't live in the northeast. Been there, mostly wayyyyyy out in the wild. Gorgeous! Driving through Vermont during Spring was especially nice.

I live further south but not in the deep south and I live in the middle of nowhere. Which might explain why I post here so much. X-D And Michael my dear, we have TONS of snapping turtles and like yourself, I do try to give them their space. But sometimes their camoflauge is so good, me and my furry son have nearly stepped on them. Beyond the tall pines that surround my property, I have a very large pond and it's full of all sorts of reptiles. At night the frogs get really loud whild conducting their secret frog confrences X-D

I have a good friend in Indiana. Maybe I could goad her to smuggle some my way. Speaking of crossing states though what we have here ( sorry for my rambling ) are state troopers sitting on the border of our state waiting for residents to come back from the adjoining state with illegal fireworks. Last year, they pulled over many drivers and searched thier cars. The fine is fairly heavy I hear. This is, unfortunately, getting to be a more common tactic with many states using their patrol for this purpose. Which is sort of aggravating to me because it seems they'd have many more REAL criminals ( drug traffickers for instance ) to use these resources on. Oh well...it has had an impact on some people thinking twice about traveling to get the good stuff X-D

I'll play with whatever I can get my greedy little hands on.

Really? Wow.

andrealein

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 11:41pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Umm... Nitro? Is your name short for nitroglycerine?

michael

Posted Fri Jun 12th, 2009 1:32am Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Umm... Nitro? Is your name short for nitroglycerine?

what's best about that post is that i imagine the puppy sayin that.