Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

PamJH

Posted Fri Jun 12th, 2009 1:47am Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Bottle rockets illegal in the Good Ole Gun Totin US of A?

depends on the state. as far as i know, there's nothing off limits here.

No limitations here either. I'm going to this place in about 2 weeks, it's near Dallas. "No Smoking"... X-D

http://www.wf.net/~lcrump1/tgf.htm

I'm lusting after this fireworks display. Big loud bangy things, noisy, shiny, Texas-sized fireworks. Life cannot possibly get any better.

By the way, I'm shipping my kids to Texas for a month. If you need sitters, let me know. Then spouse and I will drive down the last week of August.

Nitro

Posted Fri Jun 12th, 2009 4:35am Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Umm... Nitro? Is your name short for nitroglycerine?

mwahhhh hahahahahahahaha

Really? Wow.

Maxx England

Posted Fri Jun 12th, 2009 6:46pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Our first dog was a 10lb Hitler on legs, thought fireworks were the absolute business, the second was a total wreck if you even said Bang. I trained my wife's brother in law's two dogs not to worry about the noise though, so perhaps more could be done for the poor scared things all around the world.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 4:46am Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Tobias, my head nearly blew off my shoulders just looking at those pics. Oh how I envy you...you...you Texan you X-D Jealousy floods my being..
Aw don't be jealous Nitro, I'll light the biggest one just for you!

By the way, I'm shipping my kids to Texas for a month. If you need sitters, let me know. Then spouse and I will drive down the last week of August.

Thanks Pam, truth is they'd probably have to fight my dad for the job! X-D Do y'all do anything, or go anywhere special when you come down?

Here's something else we like to do around the 4th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF5l8hJ3MOI&NR=1

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Nitro

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 5:02am Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
I like how the camera made sure to look both ways before crossing the street.

And yes, please, DO feel free to make a Big Bang of the firey kind for this poor, deprived soul who at best will be lighting smoke bombs and fountains :'( X-D

BTW, that river's water is very pretty.

Really? Wow.

exoskeleton

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 5:32am Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
wow, I have never seen so many people together in tubes!
(wants to make a joke about embryos)
I've never been to Texas. I have vague plans that might take me there next winter though!

sockdolager.

PamJH

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 2:22pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
Tobias, my head nearly blew off my shoulders just looking at those pics. Oh how I envy you...you...you Texan you X-D Jealousy floods my being..
Aw don't be jealous Nitro, I'll light the biggest one just for you!

Thanks Pam, truth is they'd probably have to fight my dad for the job! X-D Do y'all do anything, or go anywhere special when you come down?

I'm hoping we can hit a few Fort Worth museums while we're there. I've haven't been to the Amon Carter in a few years, and we haven't seen the Cowgirl Museum since it first opened. Bound to be a few new things in each one.

We'll also probably visit Austin College in Sherman again, just to make sure they know my daughter is still very interested in attending.

michael

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 8:13pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
when i was last lookin online a couple of the art museums in fort worth had neat stuff coming up. been wanting to go down there.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

PamJH

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 11:16pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
when i was last lookin online a couple of the art museums in fort worth had neat stuff coming up. been wanting to go down there.

Have you been there before? I think it's a wonderful city and a lot of it is actually walkable, especially around the museum area. I'll have to look up the museum web sites to see what's coming.

Go Cow Town!

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 8:30pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
I think there's a Stieglitz exhibition there this summer.....at the Carter I mean, not the Cowgirl

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 9:01pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
I think there's a Stieglitz exhibition there this summer.....at the Carter I mean, not the Cowgirl

I will have to check that out. And I'm sure we'll come up with a few other things to do.

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 9:15pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
And there's always tubing

Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 11:03pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!
And there's always tubing

Down the Brazos!

Maxx England

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 10:27pm Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!

Stieglitz: I may see one next week:

http://www.choiquehobbies.com.ar/revista/notas/fw44/2/FW-44%20LV-YZP.jpg

There's a Cowgirl Gallery? Most interesting. I must visit America, sooner rather than later

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 12:05am Post subject: Here comes the 4th of July!!

There's a Cowgirl Gallery? Most interesting. I must visit America, sooner rather than later

Yep, the Cowgirl Museum. We saw it when it first opened and the exhibits were fabulous, especially the one where Texas women were asked to send photographs of themselves and events depicting their lives. I don't know if that exhibit is still there, but it was fascinating. And the exhibit honoring female Western authors was wonderful, too.