Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:08pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
Wow. Where in Poland are you?

I live in the place where it seems all the Polish people come. There are Polish shops for everything, and... THere are just so many Polish people! It was smart of you to move over there and make up for the imbalance... X-D

I'm just kidding, obv.

Croydon facelift! That's what I just remembered.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:17pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!

Croydon facelift! That's what I just remembered.

What???

I'm in Silesia in the south, but in terms of character and geography I would compare it to Newcastle. Many people around here are miners and we are near 3 coal mines. Other parts of Poland laugh at the accent and dialect, but I would like to speak that way myself as I feel a solidarity with the people here. In fact, I'm told that my neighbours refer to me as "swoi", which means something like "one of us".

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:26pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
Ah, that's great! I love the Polish language, it's all so... I dunno. Twoja mama! That's all I know.

Re: Croydon Facelift - my dad (who is from Manchester - don't know how he'd know...) says that those girls who scrape their hair back as far as they can and tie it up so it pulls up their eyebrows and forehead (it seems) have had what's known as a Croydon Facelift!

My dad's quite strange. I don't know where the Croydon came from...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:27pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
That would help to explain why so many of them look like lizards!

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:30pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
Ha ha! That's DIY botox for you...

I love how this thread is only us now.

You know how in England you can usually recognise a Polish person without even speaking to them? Is it the same for English people in Poland?

What do they think of us? I just love knowing our stereotypes.. Apparently the Portuguese are all laughing at us. X-D But they love us!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:31pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
Yes I can usually spot Polish people here too without talking to them.

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:33pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
X-D

...Sarcasm doesn't really work when you're reading it without the aid of inverted commas, bold or italic typeface, so I don't know if you genuinely didn't get what I meant or if you're just having a laugh.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:36pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
What do you think?

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:39pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
NOW I think you're just having a laugh. Actually I thought you were before as well, but then I thought, Would he really just do one post saying that for the sake of saving a joke? It seems you would.

Perhaps that's where I'm going wrong. I tend to add "Just kidding, obv." after I make a joke that involves sarcasm or a facial expression, because I do'nt want to offend anyone and get suspended from the forum. But that always makes it less funny!

Well, they were never really funny in the first place, but some of us prefer illusion to despair...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 6:43pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
Regarding what they think of us? I think football hooligans have been England's main cultural ambassadors for many years, unfortunately. I wish it were Mr Steed or people like him.

boffinbabe12

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 9:39pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
I like The West End.... WE WILL ROCK YOU!

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 11:50pm Post subject: Hey Curtains!
Oh yes we will! XD

And the Lion King. Have you seen that? FanTAStic! And Stomp was awesome. I still have to see Billy Elliott.

Football Hooligans??? I prefer the drinking tea wearing bowler hat stereotypes...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun May 20th, 2007 10:01am Post subject: Hey Curtains!

Football Hooligans??? I prefer the drinking tea wearing bowler hat stereotypes...

So do I, but I'm afraid football hooligans and their actions tend to linger in Johnny Foreigner's memory far longer than Mr Polite.

Kaseryn

Posted Sun May 20th, 2007 10:19am Post subject: Hey Curtains!
Hackney's not what it was. Heard of ShoHo? All been the height of trendy for quite a while now apparently. Locals moan but at least some council tax is getting paid now! Course, you still got the guns, crack and sinkhole estates, so it makes for quite a strange culture clash.. but i guess that's the history of regentrification/slum cycle anyway huh?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun May 20th, 2007 10:26am Post subject: Hey Curtains!
Which part are you from, Kaseryn?