Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

mija

Posted Thu Nov 15th, 2007 4:58am Post subject: Hi there
HI ,I AM NEW HERE,mY NICKNAME IS MIJA,i JUST WANTED TO WRITE SOMETHING HERE IN THE HOPE THAT MR STEPHEN FRY WOULD SEE THIS,TO LET HIM KNOW HOW MUCH HE HAS HELPED ME
i AM FROM NEW ZEALAND,AND FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS HAVE HAD KIDNEY FAILURE AND HAD TO BE ON DIALYSIS,HAD TO GIVE UP MY JOB AND PRETTY MUCH MY LIFE AS THE DIALYSIS BECAME WORSE AND WORSE,IT INCLUDED 8 HOURS AT THE MOST PER DAY,ANYWAY THROUGH THIS i FOUND A HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF WERE THE AUDIO BOOKS THAT MR SPEPHEN FRY HAS READ,ALL OF HARRY POTTER,AND BOTH COUNT MONTMERENCY,jUST TO SIT THERE AND LISTEN TO A GENTLE AND RELAXING VOICE MEANT A GREAT DEAL TO ME,tHANKYOU SO MUCH,YOU HAD SUCH A CALMING EFFECT ON ME,NOW IN AUGUST THIS YEAR I HAD MY 1ST TRANSPLANT AM STILL IN SHOCK ABOUT IT ALL AND AM SLOWLY RECUPERATING,AND GUESS WHAT?,YES I AM LISTENING TO ALL YOUR AUDIO TAPES AGAIN FOR THE 6TH TIMES AROUND!!!!!,ARE YOU GOING TO RECORD ANY OTHER BOOKS?.
ALSO RECENTLY SAW YOUR SHOW ON YOUR DEPRESSION,IS VERY VERY INTERESTING REALLY HAS OPENED MY EYES,I ALSO HAVE DEPRESSION AND SEE A PHSYCOLOGIST,AND JUST TO KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE MEANS ALOT,IS THERE GOING TO BE A FOLLOW UP TO THE SERIES?,AS I AND NO DOUBT MANY OTHER OF YOUR FANS WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING NOW?,WHETHER YOU DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO START MEDICATIONS?,OR WHETHER YOU WANTED TO CONTINUE THE WAY YOU ARE GOING?.
I HOPE VERY MUCH YOU WILL GET TO READ THIS
I WISH YOU NOTHING BUT THE BEST,YOU ARE CERTAINLY A VERY KIND AND SINCERE GENTLEMAN,WITH A LOVLEY VOICE!!!!HEHEHEHE.
bEST WISHES AND LOVE
MIJA

Adamcbee

Posted Mon Dec 29th, 2008 11:10pm Post subject: Hi there
Stephen
I have been wanting to write something to this blog for sometime, but yet found time. Much like many of us. Like the blogger above, I would like to thank you for your support to me throughout my suffering. 2 years ago I attempted suicide and am now suffering from depression, I listen to your pod-grams regularly gaining comfort from your wisdom. It is rather an absurdity to suggest this looming burden is placed upon you but your wisdom and knowledge have provided me with a newly reason perspective on life. There is a great deal I would like to discuss with you, regarding performance (performance art), literature and philosophy, subjects I know you are interested in but like us all time can be a restriction. I have interests in Sartre, Camus, Baudrillard, as philosophers and Dostoyevsky and Beckett, as novelists. This is 'dark' literature I know but I would like quote Sartre at this piont in time when he stated "my past, as everything which I have experienced is indicated as my piont of view on the world by the world itself".
I have, through the creation of my art work (and re-evaluation of my philosophy) been asking the questions 'Who Am I?', answering with short sentences or single words. Words such as Choice, and Action have appeared a great deal. This is something you have inspired through your broadcasts, I take each day as it comes, with a smile and a determination that whatever has happen has happen and what will come will be. If you do read this Stephen and you would like to respond, information about my work and contact details are available through my website. This is open to all.
http://www.frankenbeaumont.co.uk
Thank you once again
Adam

mija

Posted Tue Jun 30th, 2009 7:23am Post subject: Hi there
Hi there,
I know it has been a long time since my last post, just wanted to give you a update, I do not know if Mr Fry reads any of these or not but for you who do Since the kidney transplant all was going well, i am still in depression and some say not ready for work which in itself is a bad one, i have now been diagnosed with cancer.. i am not on chemo or anything like that at the moment and am still seeing a phsycologist needless to say this new audio book from you Mr fry is a treasure.. thankyou sooooo much
Mija
x