Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

thesecretlifeofamanicdepressive

Posted Fri Oct 12th, 2007 5:41pm Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
I'm 22 and I've always had a bit of a devil may care attitude when it came to sex. I only have sex within faithful relationships, and I have an illness which affects my fertility so I rarely took precautions.

The literature on HIV/AIDS websites tends to focus on the gay community and drug users but this documentary has opened my eyes and made me realise, anyone can get it.

I've realised that I've been quite stupid in my sexual history. Because i've always been monogamous, I didn't think I had any problems. Thing is, I know where *I've* been, but do I really know my partner's sexual histories? It's not something I've really discussed with them because quite frankly I don't want to hear about their ex girlfriends and boyfriends.

I had a HIV test about a year ago to be safe and it was negative. Since then I've not had another sexual partner so I'm safe.

But how safe are you? Do you really think that it could never happen to you? Have you ever been tested?

And thank you so much to those in the documentary that shared their stories. It was incredibly enlightening and moving.

Hanny

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 8:35pm Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
i dont know why but i have always been very carefull when with sexual partners, to make sure i would never be in a position where i could contract an STD or HIV.
i never had the attitude of 'it will never happen to me' because i was always so scared something would! i also feel horrible for people that have caught HIV because some must blame themselves terribly.

Nadia

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 11:26am Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
I was *very* careful ..when I was sober.
Unfortunately, alcohol always transformed me into crazy nymphomanic
b****, reckless. No, was still very careful about 'pregnancy aspects',
but not HIV. That's why I stopped drinkin'.
All ppl should remember - it's much easier to get infected than pregnant!
So please stop using silly methods of contraception with new partners..
At least use good condom! And use it right

Today I had my second ever HIV test - surprisingly..'negative' again.
First one was about 7 years ago. Too bad interval was so long
cause i was crying all day yesterday and today i was going to DIE from fear.
Reckless again. I'm going to have another test next year.. just because.
To be sure. To be safe..
I really want to be careful, and i am actually,
last 3-4 years - a *very* good gal.
And please guys, be careful - I've met real ppl
with HIV, they were younger than me! Such a tragedy.. And even
if it was "their fault" - gosh, they were just kids! it's ignorance again..
and darned hypocritical society, obsessed with ostentatious morality &
banning free condoms& lectures for kids, while kids are having unsafe sex
&using drugs all the way.

rawlini

Posted Mon Nov 26th, 2007 1:56am Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
Like many people interviewed, I still thought of HIV as infecting primarily gays and intravenous drug users. (The stats took a major shift in the decade or so since my high school health class).

After watching the documentary, I'm considering getting tested for the first time. Another eye-opening film from Mr. Fry.

Absoluteherb

Posted Wed Aug 20th, 2008 9:55am Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
Well HIV/AIDS is a very dangerous diseases that one need to be very careful ti does not go only to having faith full sex partner there are many other things to put in to consideration as far as AIDS is concern.

Nitro

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 8:05am Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
I know this is a serious subject but my being careful is more the result of my anti-social tendencies which results in rarely getting laid. I really need more opportunites to be careful and then I could answer this better. X-D

Really? Wow.

laserlipo

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 8:48am Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is a lentivirus (a member of the retrovirus family) that can lead to "Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome" (AIDS). Guys, this is the word we always fear about it. It is a condition in humans in which the immune system begins to fail, leading to life-threatening opportunistic infections. Previously this virus known by the names which include human T-lymphotropic virus-III (HTLV-III), lymphadenopathy-associated virus (LAV), and AIDS-associated retrovirus (ARV).Just assume that, you are in a movie theatre and you felt something poking from seat. When you got up to see what it was, you found a needle sticking out of the seat with a note attached saying"You have just been infected by HIV".The Disease Control Center (in Paris ) reports many similar events in many other cities recently. All tested needles were HIV Positive.The Center also reports that needles have been found in cash dispensers at public banking machines. We ask everyone to use extreme caution when faced with this kind of situation. All public chairs / seats should be inspected with vigilance and caution before use.Here is one question for you. Is it helpful to pass this message along to all members of your family and your friends of the potential danger.This is the case at Delhi. One doctor has narrated a somewhat similar instance that happened to one of his patients at the Priya Cinema in Delhi. A young girl, engaged and about to be married in a couple of months, was pricked while the movie was going on. The tag with the needle had the message."Welcome to the World of HIV family".Though the doctors told her family that it takes about 6 months before the virus grows strong enough to start damaging the system and a healthy victim could survive about 5-6 years,the girl died in 4 months, perhaps more because of the "Shock thought".That is why we all have to be careful at public places. At last all we are matured personalities to know what is good and bad. So, just think over it and if possible save a someone's life. ...

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 9:37am Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
It is utterly despicable that you are advertising f*cking lipo suction using this kind of scare story. Yes I know that this is a cruddy bot spammer who will never come back, but I do not want anyone to get caught out and scared by these scumbags!

That would be me.

skinandvein

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 2:48pm Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
A friend forwarded this important message in my mailbox today and I feel it is a must read for all:

A few weeks ago, in a cinema, a person felt something poking from her seat. When she got up to see what it was, she found a needle sticking out of the seat with a note attached saying "You have just been infected by HIV (AIDS)".

The Disease Control Center (in Paris ) reports many similar events in many other cities recently. All tested needles were HIV Positive. The Center also reports that needles have been found in cash dispensers (ATM) at public banking machines. We ask everyone to use extreme caution when faced with this kind of situation. All public chairs/seats should be inspected with vigilance and caution before use. A careful visual inspection should be enough. In addition, they ask that each of you pass this message along to all members of your family and your friends of the potential danger.

Recently, one doctor has narrated a somewhat similar instance that happened to one of his patients at the Praia Cinema in Delhi . A young girl engaged and about to be married in a couple of months, was pricked while the movie was going on. The tag with the needle had the message: "Welcome to the World of HIV family". Though the doctors told her family that it takes about 6 months before the virus grows strong enough to start damaging the system and a healthy victim could survive about 5-6 years, the girl died in 4 months, perhaps more because of the "Shock thought". We all have to be careful at public places, rest God help! Just think about saving a life by forwarding this message. Please, take a few seconds of your time to pass along.

Remember ... to pass this on to everyone you know... Probably your mail can help save a life.

Antonia

Posted Thu Jun 18th, 2009 12:04am Post subject: HIV- how careful are you?
I think the only thing we can do is being careful and test ourselfs every few month. In fact I'm spending blood every week so I get tested automatically in that procedure.