Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

tito

Member *

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 1:40am Post subject: horrendous party
I have an urgent need to share with you the fact that I have been to an horrendous party.

It was painful to attend on so many levels I feel too exhausted to explain.

I don't fit it.

The End.

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 2:33am Post subject: horrendous party
oh! horrendous parties are no fun at all.

sorry to hear about it, for real.

I have had a high percentage of those in my day.

(I just got home from a rather nice party, so I offer you any good party vibes I can transmit through the internet.)

sockdolager.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 5:41am Post subject: horrendous party
I don't generally care for parties so I understand your plight. I'd rather get together with small groups of people, a mix of old friends and new folks to meet.

Nitro

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 7:05am Post subject: horrendous party
I don't generally care for parties .

Ditto.

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 11:10am Post subject: horrendous party
I don't generally care for parties .

Ditto.
How warm and comforting it is to find out I am not alone, husband hated it too actually, in the discomfort of the party atmosphere.

I had felt as much a part of things as Anne Widdecombe would feel if invitited to be part of Saturday night caberet at a brothel.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 2:00pm Post subject: horrendous party
On this forum, Tito, you're never alone. Well, now that sounded stalker-like, didn't it?

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 6:34pm Post subject: horrendous party
I don't generally care for parties so I understand your plight. I'd rather get together with small groups of people, a mix of old friends and new folks to meet.

I suppose that was mostly what I was doing...less than an actual party. it was celebrating, but the crux of it was catching up with lots of the girls I hung out with in high school. they are soooo into fantasy stories and related geeky things, they make me seem like a lover of the mainstream by comparison, but they're so much fun.

things that are strictly parties with none of that aspect, I'd just like to never be subjected to one of those again.

sockdolager.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 9:03pm Post subject: horrendous party

Make your own party I say! Truth is, no matter where we start out, folks tend to end up at my house anyway X-D

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 9:15pm Post subject: horrendous party
Making your own party does give you the flexibility of whom to invite. That is one good thing about it.

Spitfire

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 11:05pm Post subject: horrendous party
Unfortunately hosting your own party is that you have to clear up the mess.
But if you keep well enough company then there isn't much of a mess to clear up! XD

tito

Member *

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 1:28pm Post subject: horrendous party
Unfortunately hosting your own party is that you have to clear up the mess.
But if you keep well enough company then there isn't much of a mess to clear up! XD

Horrendous party also had the usual egomaniac DJs who thought the night was entirely about them.

'You will not be able to hear what anyone is saying to you, or speak to anyone, because we are here and we want all the attention on us'.

Hate it.

Shyamz

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 11:59pm Post subject: horrendous party
Quite right, or when there's a work do on (usually at Christmas) and the music is left up to whoever wants to just go and put a CD in the office CD player or studio sound system (you know who you are!)

...and it gets taken over by someone who is far to selfish to be the works DJ, someone who puts on whatever he/she likes and doesn't notice when the floor empties at an unpopular song, and they don't even bother to change it.

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Jul 14th, 2009 8:40am Post subject: horrendous party
Did someone say party?

*curls up into the fetal position and hopes it all goes away*

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Greengalipote

Posted Tue Jul 14th, 2009 4:16pm Post subject: horrendous party
At least when the lights are down and the music is relatively loud, you can hide in a corner and hope people forget you're there. what I really hate is before the music starts : catching up with all these people you've met once in your life and having to ask them how are their children/studies/... working very hard so they don't notice that you haven't a clue who they are. In the same category, having to answer all the same questions about yourself over and over again...

...but this is more with family gatherings than with actual parties I suppose, so sorry if I'm off topic

gjhsu

Posted Tue Jul 14th, 2009 5:25pm Post subject: horrendous party
Rule #1 of social gatherings: Always bring your own car, so you have an escape ready at any moment.