Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Tue Jul 14th, 2009 11:41pm Post subject: horrendous party
Rule #1 of social gatherings: Always bring your own car, so you have an escape ready at any moment.

X-D Some of my friends who've known me a little longer than others, now try to discourage me driving myself for that very reason.

Some of you are cracking me up. I like the "sit in dark cornor and hope not to be noticed at the party" position remark. Very funny.

It seems like parties are often just two or three peoples idea. Then they decide to subject as many people as possible to it first through excitement, then cajoling, then, if all fails, trusty old GUILT X-D

Sometimes they're fun, but so rarely that it hardly seems worth the time lost to it. I'd rather prowl around town with a few sidekicks causing trouble...

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Wed Jul 15th, 2009 1:26am Post subject: horrendous party

Sometimes they're fun, but so rarely that it hardly seems worth the time lost to it. I'd rather prowl around town with a few sidekicks causing trouble...

Yes, prowling. And setting off firecrackers, peeking in windows, that sort of thing.

Nitro

Posted Wed Jul 15th, 2009 2:13am Post subject: horrendous party

Yes, prowling. And setting off firecrackers, peeking in windows, that sort of thing.

I'm up for the fireworks ( always ) and the prowling...not so much the peeping in windows part....hmm...just what sort of crowd do you run with young lady?!! X-D

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Wed Jul 15th, 2009 3:42pm Post subject: horrendous party
Rule #1 of social gatherings: Always bring your own car, so you have an escape ready at any moment.

X-D Some of my friends who've known me a little longer than others, now try to discourage me driving myself for that very reason.

Some of you are cracking me up. I like the "sit in dark cornor and hope not to be noticed at the party" position remark. Very funny.

It seems like parties are often just two or three peoples idea. Then they decide to subject as many people as possible to it first through excitement, then cajoling, then, if all fails, trusty old GUILT X-D

We drove ourselves to the party on Saturday but husband had the insane idea of offering a lift to others. They got plastered and threw themselves into the event and we were sat there for hours waiting for them to wind down so we could go home. Husband has promised never to offer a lift to anyone, outside of family, to a party again.

inverted_dan

Posted Mon Jul 20th, 2009 1:03pm Post subject: horrendous party
Oh deary me! I managed to escape any form of party until this year... then when i least expected it... BLAM! A rolling barrage of other peoples society! I've never been the same since Christmas 2008... oh the memories, I'm sure that nobody drank alcohol until somebody invented the party.

Hey there folks! Here's my humble little site, short stories, a little audiobook podcast, videos and articles on all kinds of things, maybe you will even enjoy some of it!! www.invertedhourglass.com
How to "Cook" a Pot Noodle: Youtube Pot Noodle Video!

Nitro

Posted Mon Jul 20th, 2009 10:23pm Post subject: horrendous party
Oh deary me! I managed to escape any form of party until this year... then when i least expected it... BLAM! A rolling barrage of other peoples society! I've never been the same since Christmas 2008... oh the memories, I'm sure that nobody drank alcohol until somebody invented the party.

Sometimes what's worse than going to the party is having the partygoers call you up the next day and bemoan the after affects of said party's offerings. I don't really want to hear people who choose to go to a party, and then get smashingly drunk or fucked up in some manner, calling me to whine about their freaking hangovers. I can't wrap my mind around why people voluntarily abuse themselves and then bitch about it after. THEN DON'T FREAKING DO IT!! And if you ARE going to give yourself alcohol poisoning....SUCK IT UP SOLDIER! X-D

Really? Wow.

Maxx England

Posted Mon Jul 20th, 2009 11:55pm Post subject: horrendous party
Tito knows I used to hide inside a bottle at parties. Now I know enough to escape inconspicuously.

Still like bottles, but in my own time and with no pressure.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Tue Jul 21st, 2009 4:48pm Post subject: horrendous party
Tito knows I used to hide inside a bottle at parties. Now I know enough to escape inconspicuously.

Still like bottles, but in my own time and with no pressure.

It sounds to me like the people on this thread should have a party together. You could play for us, Maxx, and Nitro could sing. The rest of us will sit back and enjoy.

Maxx England

Posted Tue Jul 21st, 2009 6:22pm Post subject: horrendous party
You'll have to come across the pond in October, I can show you that chocolate shop.....

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Tue Jul 21st, 2009 7:50pm Post subject: horrendous party
You'll have to come across the pond in October, I can show you that chocolate shop.....

Lead on, Maxx.

Nitro

Posted Wed Jul 22nd, 2009 3:56am Post subject: horrendous party

Lead on, Maxx.

Um...would it be OK if we stopped by that chocolate shop BEFORE I had to 'sing'?

I'm thinking that's where I could make my escape

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Wed Jul 22nd, 2009 3:25pm Post subject: horrendous party
We'll go into the choc shop with you so you won't be able to give us the slip.

Nitro

Posted Wed Jul 22nd, 2009 8:37pm Post subject: horrendous party
We'll go into the choc shop with you so you won't be able to give us the slip.

Dammit!

Oh well...at least there will chocolate...yummmm

Really? Wow.