Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Hrh Fish

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 3:23pm Post subject: HOW ABOUT HAVING ROOM LOVELY ON THIS SITE?
Does any one remember Stephens appearance on Room 101. He announced to banish Room 101 to Room 101. Why is it people want to slag things off? I have noticed that when people talk about each other they say nasty things behind their back. When you hear bits of gossip you never hear how nice a person is. I think that people that act this way do it because they are boring and have nothing to say. We need a Room Lovely on this site so people have a refuge from the nastiness of life in general and can appreciate things/ people that make life interesting. An opposite of Pandora's Box where everything is indeed lovely. The rules are simple. Positive things only no negativity. There is already a place you can go to on this site to vent your wrath. If any one else out there in Fryland agrees with this and would like to see this on the site show your support.[/b]

michael

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 4:29pm Post subject: HOW ABOUT HAVING ROOM LOVELY ON THIS SITE?
Does any one remember Stephens appearance on Room 101. He announced to banish Room 101 to Room 101. Why is it people want to slag things off? I have noticed that when people talk about each other they say nasty things behind their back. When you hear bits of gossip you never hear how nice a person is. I think that people that act this way do it because they are boring and have nothing to say. We need a Room Lovely on this site so people have a refuge from the nastiness of life in general and can appreciate things/ people that make life interesting. An opposite of Pandora's Box where everything is indeed lovely. The rules are simple. Positive things only no negativity. There is already a place you can go to on this site to vent your wrath. If any one else out there in Fryland agrees with this and would like to see this on the site show your support.[/b]

there is a thread titled exactly that.
i will repost and bring it up for you.

the reason the zero room exists is not because of promoting negativity, it was meant to be a place to go shut the door and slap a punching bag around. it opened when some members would get in a bad mood and have unfortunate arguments.

later it kinda turned into ventilation station.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Hrh Fish

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 5:08pm Post subject: HOW ABOUT HAVING ROOM LOVELY ON THIS SITE?
Yeah mike I do get why room zero is there. I was just making an observation on people's attitudes in general. As I am a newb here I missed the Room Lovely thread but thanx for re instigating it for me. I am saying that maybe the admin could put it up in the forums menu permanently because it would be a popular one. Nice one matey X-D

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 8th, 2009 6:48pm Post subject: HOW ABOUT HAVING ROOM LOVELY ON THIS SITE?

Hrh Fish I totally get what you're saying about people complaining and bitching about other people. It's all too much. I've had people trying to draw me into their 'office politics' stuff but I won't be a part of any of it. I have nothing bad to say about many people. Sure I might find aspects of a particular individual annoying or disagree with them on stuff but I don't hate anyone. I hate things like prejudice, discrimination and the desire and will to hurt others. I also don't understand when people hate celebrities. I don't hate any. I might not like their work or think they sound arrogant or something else but I don't hate them. I dont' understand the energy some people put into hating. I know we all pass judgement on others from time to time. We're only human and cannot be perfect and non-judgemental but I now try very hard not to condemn or criticise people unless it is in a constructive manner and they want it to help themselves. I also try not to complain about stuff in general as well. I feel like I've done that too often in the past and now try and always see the glass half full, to see the positives and enjoy them and be happier as a result rather than dwell on little annoyances. However I know sometimes that can be difficult if you've had many annoyances pile on top of each other. NB: By annoyances I mean little things like running into all the red lights days rather than the bigger life changing things that are best not left bottled up inside.

Assuming direct control...