Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

vhughes

Posted Wed Jul 14th, 2010 4:16am Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

I too stumbled across the series and was captivated. Fine writing, fine directing, brilliant acting, some of the best television in ages. Believing that the power of the people is not yet moribund (i too am a film maker and while wildlife is my specialty i recently finished a documentary on courageous dissent) even in the face of broadcasters whose bottom line isn't quality. There are so many people who know that 'Kingdom' is television of rare quality.... how do we fight to get it back?

Midsomerlover

Posted Tue Jul 20th, 2010 9:17pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

We don't. The thing is, ITV has a nasty trick of not really telling lots of people they cancelled something so by the time the audience discovers it, it's already too late to revive it. There's a sparkle of hope though, as they DID revive Foyle's War as well.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

vhughes

Posted Sun Aug 15th, 2010 3:22pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

Thanks. Was the return to production of Foyle's War a response to viewer pressure? If so any idea what kind of effort it took and if we can copy the method? It seems more than worth a try.

Defector

Posted Mon Aug 16th, 2010 3:39pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

Hi,

I agree that at least some of use could try to influence the decision makers.

How about starting with the production company and see what their views are?

ScotsPine

Posted Thu Feb 16th, 2012 12:50pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

If Foyle's War can be revived, then surely Kingdom should too. (Difficult to understand why anyone would prefer FW to Kingdom!)
"It [Foyle's War] was axed in 2007 by director of television Simon Shaps, but positive public demand and a number of complaints about the cancellation prompted ITV to revive the series after its sixth series proved to be a ratings success."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foyle's_War

The ratings for Kingdom look pretty constant, although there did seem to be a slight dropping off in series 3:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_(TV_series)#Ratings

ReggieJ

Posted Sat Mar 17th, 2012 2:58am Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

Only recently discovered Kingdom here in Australia - went out and bought all 3 series - incredibly disappointed to discover there are no more planned! Surely we can do something to convince the "powers -that-should-not-be-but-are" to change the decision to cancel!!

heather.woodland

Posted Tue Jun 26th, 2012 11:10pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
<p>Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
</p>
</body></html>

I too loved Kingdom and would love to help change the mind of the powers that be about this show. Letter writing campaign? There is a huge following in America. I am so sick of the utter crap that is on TV, especially here. Kindom had fantastic writing, acting, and visual interest. Until Hulu, I was unable to even find it!
I have to say Stephen, that you are such an amazing individual. I am glad I found your website, it is very interesting. I will continue to follow it, and will be crafting a letter to ITV1. Perhaps fruitless, but as an idealist who has had her own hard knocks in life, Peter Kingdom gave me hope too.
Sincerely,
Heather Woodland

stellam

Posted Fri Aug 24th, 2012 2:22pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

Yes I too came onto this show very late as I live in Canada and we never hear of any british shows or see any unless it is illegal methods. Trying to get copies of shows is extortionately expensive and very hard to ge tif you do at all. If there was a petition I would gladly sign it. I have already sent my thoughts to ITV on cancelling this series long ago.

http://www.janeausten.co.uk/forum/

gmatusk

Posted Wed Oct 10th, 2012 9:49pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

The apartment building in which I live is being renovated and I had to move to one of the refurbished apartments. I took this disruption as an opportunity to cancel my cable TV service, and mostly use Hulu Plus for TV shows. That's where I discovered "Kingdom," a very enjoyable series. I hope that it can be revived, or that a series of comparable quality featuring Stephen will appear.

Rogger

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2012 5:56pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

Q.Are they going to bring (Kingdom) Back.

I have seen all three series on Hulu, this was one of the best shows I have seen on Hulu, I’m in USA so I don't get itv1. I have a great idea put Kingdom on BBC America. The last series ended with the questions, Who is Peter Kingdom. I think his aunt is his real mom and his father was his uncle.

search4sun

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2013 1:23pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

don't know why it was axed... we should all protests until its back on TV

a_LexWilde

Posted Sat Jan 12th, 2013 12:38am Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

I remember to have read somewhere Stephen saying the BBC stopped the diffusion because there were not enough viewers for a forth season. So they just stop like that, in the middle of the Intrigue. That's just astonished... AS we can see, scenarists have been as surprised as us, as they haven't been able to propose an other end than the unended question "Who am I?" So unfair for the fan.

Si tu acceptes de perdre un peu de ta liberté pour te sentir en sécurité, alors tu ne mérites ni l'un, ni l'autre.

@a_LexWilde

search4sun

Posted Tue Jan 15th, 2013 9:16pm Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

I agree fans no longer get what they want its all to do with revenue and how much the fat cats are making the still shower us with the celebs and reality TV ...

shame on you ITV

@search4sun

jmmahnke

Posted Thu Jan 31st, 2013 4:17am Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

I don't think there is a chance to get itv to revive Kingdom. It is one of the best shows I have ever seen. I just finished watching all three seasons over again on Netflix. Now I am depressed all over again because there are no more shows.
On another note, if you have never seen the episodes of Bones where Stephen plays the shrink you should watch them.

pandjbruno

Posted Wed Feb 6th, 2013 12:04am Post subject: How can we move itv to make the right decision?

I loved Kingdom! The writing, the actors, the location, everything was amazing. I just finished watching the last episode of season three. I wish, wish, wish there was more. If there is no chance of more of the series, I would love to see a special that ties up loose ends. I am so tired of edgy, shocking, crude, TV. kingdom was a joy to watch!