Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ratoutofhell

Posted Wed Apr 29th, 2009 9:10pm Post subject: How dare you!
So today, finally, after nearly 7 weeks of having to pester HR, Pensions and Payroll, of being passed around from one person to the next, none of whom had any idea what was going on or why there had been so many delays...

FINALLY... I got my redundancy money. You know, the stuff they give you to live on when they deprive you of your job in favour of a simpering idiot who's probably shagging half the management.

Anyway. On the same day, I get a letter from Payroll. Is this the written confirmation of my payment, that I requested? Is it bollocks.

Due to some idiot not telling Payroll I'd left, they overpaid me for March so now I owe them either £187 or £165, depending on which bit of the letter you read. Yes, that's right, they don't seem to know how much I owe them but they're damn sure I owe them something.

Considering how long these incompetent bastards made me wait for the money they owed me for the loss of my job, they can fuck right off. Try taking it out of the wages of whichever git didn't do their job properly in the first place. I could give them a few names, starting with my erstwhile manager, one of the biggest twats I've ever encountered, who assured me he'd sent my exit paperwork in well ahead of my end date - except HR didn't have it. Or maybe he sent it to the the lying, scheming bitch of an HR manager who set out to make the whole redundancy process as difficult and unpleasant for the victims as possible, in which case she would have hung onto it for as long as possible to delay my payment. Or the cow in HR who assured me on April 9th that the paper work had all gone to Pensions, except when I contacted Pensions on the 16th they hadn't had it and knew nothing about the situation.

Bastards. Bastards, bastards, bastards.

I feel better now. Thank you.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

sheepchrist

Posted Wed Apr 29th, 2009 9:22pm Post subject: How dare you!

Glad you feel all better now - hope you find a replacement set of bastards soon, but alos hope they are not total bastards like the previous bastards

ratoutofhell

Posted Wed Apr 29th, 2009 9:31pm Post subject: How dare you!

Glad you feel all better now - hope you find a replacement set of bastards soon, but alos hope they are not total bastards like the previous bastards

X-D X-D
Thank you! I am fortunate to have a new job to go to, and I think the people there are much nicer. Which will be a relief. And it means I move away from this nasty little hole of a town - bonus!

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

joan

Posted Fri May 1st, 2009 3:51am Post subject: How dare you!
Good that you're out of a horrible job. I felt that way in my own job loss.

If you were nearer, I'd offer to stomp on someone with my plaster cast covered leg, and get m OH to knock 'em down with his walking stick.

I hope you left lots of complex problems on your desk for your replacement.

j9r

Posted Fri May 1st, 2009 4:19am Post subject: How dare you!
Wow, that is one complete F'up on their part. I don't know UK law but in California you would have a right to sick the state on them. And that overpayment, sure they could try and sue you to get it back but the fines for not getting your final check to you on your final day would easily beat 165 GBP. Be glad you don't work for a disfunctional bunch of asses anymore. Good luck on finding a new (better) job.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

sheepchrist

Posted Wed May 6th, 2009 3:48pm Post subject: How dare you!
bunch of asses

X-D

a bunch of asses, I ike that the new collective term for asses is "a bunch"

much more fun than a bunch of flowers or a bunch of bananas

ty

I must use the term a bunch of assess today - at least once

ratoutofhell

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 7:00pm Post subject: How dare you!

I hope you left lots of complex problems on your desk for your replacement.

Trust me, if they had ever let me have a desk, I would have done...

Shyamz

Posted Fri May 22nd, 2009 2:44pm Post subject: How dare you!
Let us know how your new job goes, I hope it's more enjoyable that your posts make your last one appear.