Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Lexie

Posted Sun Apr 20th, 2008 8:17pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
I may be out of place and being really harsh but i just don't find him funny at all. Am i being mean?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Apr 20th, 2008 8:23pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
No you're not. He isn't funny he's annoying.

Assuming direct control...

karen m

Posted Sun Apr 20th, 2008 9:52pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
nope you are not alone he is just annoying and not funny in any way shape or form. when he got the 2nd one there was a huge groan from everybody

Qi is much better

GirdYourLoins

Posted Mon Apr 21st, 2008 2:39pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
I completely agree!
Harry Hill isnt funny at all!
And then there was that Acceptance speech....

Biffy Baffy Bafta?

karen m

Posted Mon Apr 21st, 2008 3:59pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
we're all just a bunch of haters but oh well X-D i know- what was that speech!

Lexie

Posted Mon Apr 21st, 2008 5:03pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
Thanks guys, I feel better that i am not alone in my loathing of Harry Hill

WhyGenTom

Posted Mon Apr 21st, 2008 5:13pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
the whole BAFTA thing was a joke really, and not a funny one. I mean Heroes beat Family Guy... clearly whoever decided that has never watched Family Guy.

As for Harry Hill... I was speeking to a mate about it today, and he likes him. The fact being the mate I was speeking too enjoys the more crude, slapstick 'brainless' comedy of Bottom, rather than the quality of QI.

Apart from Paul Merton section before Bruce got his. Love Paul Merton, funny man lol.

But...
Family Guy, Have I Got News For You, Paul Merton in China, QI not winning anything? Lame...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Apr 22nd, 2008 8:59am Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
There's only one way to solve this....FIGHT!!!!

Kiff

Posted Tue Apr 22nd, 2008 12:12pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
There is something about Crap Comedy winning awards.

Look at the Office it won award after award after award and it was total utter dirvel

p.s. I will amend my avitar this evening when I get on a proper connection not my 3G card in the office.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Apr 22nd, 2008 4:59pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?

As for Harry Hill... I was speeking to a mate about it today, and he likes him. The fact being the mate I was speeking too enjoys the more crude, slapstick 'brainless' comedy of Bottom, rather than the quality of QI.

Hey! Bottom ruled m'kay? \m/8)\m/

Assuming direct control...

Zefla

Posted Tue Apr 22nd, 2008 9:18pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
Yeah with Eddie's emergency pint. And the Daaaaaave's dead sketch. awesome.

Still prefer QI though.

Shyamz

Posted Wed Apr 23rd, 2008 5:42pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
Well I love all kinds of comedy too, Bottom is one of my old favourites, and I love Q.i.

I worked at a club once that had the odd comedy night and Hill was on once.
He's a nice guy, and I'm not against simple clean humour either, but he was only really OK year's ago, now he's running out of ideas, possibly due to the fact that he doesn't go live much any more.

Family Guy sucks, The Office sucked, HIGNFY doesn't need any more awards, but Paul Merton is Godly.

He should have got something for his China series.

Hill even beat Top Gear!?!!? I mean even Clarkson is funnier than him when he's talking about killing foxes!

GirdYourLoins

Posted Thu Apr 24th, 2008 7:15pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
I like Bottom...Rik Mayall really But i Prefered The Young Ones
Stephen Should Have Got that Award not Crapola Harry Hill

MrEvans

Posted Sat Apr 26th, 2008 9:32pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
I would sincerely like to know on what basis the BAFTA award winners are chosen. I would hate to think that populist, common attempts at mockery like Harry Hill's TV Burp and that aweful "Gavin and Stacey" programme aren't being considered as competition for the other plethera of gems in that veritable mineshaft that is British Comedy.

EDIT: The dreaded semi-colon button strikes again.

Shyamz

Posted Sun Apr 27th, 2008 3:30pm Post subject: How did Harry Hill win a BAFTA?
I fear that they are just becoming as pandering to the audiences as most other awards are these days, (and I wouldn't be suprised if the Bafta film awards go the same way), even though most TV audiences are fickle and set in their ways to such an extent that they would all bail on their favourite shows in a flash if they didn't keep churning out the same old stuff every series just to please them. (Mr. Fry did well to get out of all that when he did I think).

And speaking of Gavin and Stacey (another annoyingly over-rated bit of tosh featuring proffesional Welshman Rob Brydon), did anyone hear the "acceptance" speech of the guy who won best comedy actor for his role? (the big guy). "How come we are nominated for this, but not best sit-com?" (even if he did say it in a slightly jokey way?) What a twat!!

And I guess they can't give anything to Top Gear for a few years now without people thinking they are just been nice to Richard Hammond. It's all so daft.