Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Rose

Posted Wed Nov 7th, 2012 1:02am Post subject: How Ironic - Finding the Fry Chronicles

200+ students essays to mark. After 3 hours, went to library to get a Fry book. Parked in 30 minute loading zone. 823. something on dewy decimal scale. Moab? not on shelf. Stars tennis balls? not on shelf. Fry chronicles? 30 or so points lower on the dewey decimal, 791.something. not on this floor. Walks up stairs, twice, because forgot the floor to get off at whilst walking up them (*pats self on back for walking up stairs). Finally, 791. something Fry chronicles! Yay. Made it back to car with 2 minutes to spare. Reads selected parts only of Fry chronicles, because of pressure to mark essays. Reads about Stephen marking students work! How Ironic. Oi.

Rose

Posted Fri Nov 9th, 2012 12:31am Post subject: How Ironic - Finding the Fry Chronicles

So is this irony, or is this rusty coincidence, 2 days after last post I saw the How Ironic clip from QI.

And I just really need to say publicly that academic institutions supposedly enlightened cannot see the gold coin before them - that is me. Oi.