Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Antonia

Posted Sat Mar 14th, 2009 11:28pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
Hi everybody!

Do you think Stephen should use a bot or some script to automatically follow his other 250000 followers? He's a little occupied with this matter since weeks, month if not longer. And I'm really

Other thoughts of probably solving the problem?

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 1:34am Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
Stephen has been told by several tweeters of various ways he can automatically follow people back. He has chosen not to do that, for whatever reason (maybe he feels it will be too overwhelming). Which is fine, it is his choice. I will admit that I get upset when people start giving him a hard time (it seems to happen once a month for some reason), but I guess he just has to handle it in his own way. I like the idea that you would like to find a way to help him. But he has pretty much indicated that he will handle it on his own. So I guess we have to respect that. I don't know.

Antonia

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 11:42am Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
I must have missed him stating that somehow. Thanks for telling me. I can accept that. ^_^ Maybe we should now help him getting rid of RSI and any seizures he may get. (>_<)

PamJH

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 1:12pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
It sounds like a huge undertaking for him. I think he wants to do right by his fans and Twitter followers, but boy, what he wants to do is going to take him some time. But then I'm not a gadget geek, so I would probably faint dead away if someone asked me to take on a project of this scope. If anyone can do it, he can.

Good luck, Mr. Fry!

Antonia

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 3:21pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
You're right. I'm sure he'll manage somehow.

Soph

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 3:35pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
I reckon thier should be an essay written; explain in 2,000 words why you think @stephenfry should follow you. X-D
It'd seperate the ones who care enough and the ones who aren't really that bothered.

Photobucket

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 3:44pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
No, no, no. X-D Then he would never have followed me and I would be very sad. Truthfully, it was the fact that he followed me that made me so excited that I decided to check out this forum. I am very happy I did, and have met so many wonderful Fry fans. But if he had never followed me, I don't know if I would have come here. I had a very real and growing interest in Stephen Fry, but it was his follow that just pushed me totally over the top. And I am afraid there is no going back now.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 3:51pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
Actually, having said that. it really does bother me when people start getting nasty like they did this weekend. It seems to happen once a month. Or maybe he just responds to them once a month and ignores them other times. Most of the people on my "follow" list who aren't forum members are people who have defended Stephen publicly from the nasty tweeters in one way or another. But seriously, there has to be a better way.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 6:08pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
I signed up to Twitter but found the whole thing very confusing. I was also muddled as to what 'a follow' entailed. Spent a few hours waiting for things to happen & I wasn't sure where I was supposed to look!

I followed Mr. Fry as I've always been a fan & he followed me but I was not sure what that meant. Certainly he was going to be far too busy to tweet me I think. Anyway, upshot is I'm here & have ditched Twitter. Much more comfortable!!

Mr. Fry has a huge following & obviously wants to do right by them (us?!). Perhaps knowing there is a conversation as to how to help will help!!

I have a cunning plan!

Firlefanz

Posted Wed Mar 18th, 2009 8:24pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
Wasn't Stephens last try to auto-follow the reason he accidentally blocked dozens of his followers? I think that put him off a little.
He also mentioned several times that he really would like to follow everyone, so I guess we have to believe that (even though we might also think it would be a threat to his sanity to follow >300000 *coughs*).
Actually, I think people say the same kinds of stupid things all the time and Stephen just feels like growling about it every other week. Which in turn makes me upset, because I'd like to shout: STOP WASTING YOUR PRECIOUS TWEETS ON INCONSIDERATE TWEETERS! (answer me instead :-// ;-))
Ironically, I also adore him for not ignoring inconsiderate tweeters.

My 2000 words essay would typically end with: "oh, maybe it's better Stephen doesn't follow me, after all."
Luckily, I didn't need to write one. X-D

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed Mar 18th, 2009 9:11pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
Hehe, I agree with everything you said. Yes, that is what appears to have caused the blocking problem; yes, he is crazy to want to follow 300,000 tweeters; yes, it upsets me when people get nasty; and yes, you are right, the very fact that he is so nice to such inconsiderate people is the reason we love him. I like the way you think.

PamJH

Posted Wed Mar 18th, 2009 10:20pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
I'll write an essay but I'm pretty sure it couldn't be published here. I'd be embarrassed out of the place. I haven't asked to be followed as yet. Maybe I will when he returns from his latest adventure.

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed Mar 18th, 2009 10:36pm Post subject: How to help Stephen follow his followers on Twitter
I'll write an essay but I'm pretty sure it couldn't be published here. I'd be embarrassed out of the place. I haven't asked to be followed as yet. Maybe I will when he returns from his latest adventure.

X-D What could you possibly say that hasn't already been said on here somewhere, about Mr. Fry? Can't imagine anything that you could say that would be embarrassing on this forum.

Has anyone else noticed that the number of people he is following is going down? (By about 15 in the past 2-3 days). I think it is a Twitter glitch, but everytime I see the number has gone down again I run and check my followers just in case it's me. :-//