Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ClareBear

Posted Mon Oct 2nd, 2006 6:15pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Feh, and by 'trolling', I don't mean that way. Whatever. I doubt anyone would be a troll on their own forum ...

Bill Bailey

(Don't say "who?".......)

tree

Posted Mon Oct 2nd, 2006 6:16pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
yes its the same stuff... i think its got a few names but in the US they just call it haldol.....

i was on it constantly for about 9 months and although it helped alot with the worst mania ive ever had... this included - purchasing a $100,000 piano that i could not even play, giving away over £20,000 in a week to numerous charities because i thought god was telling me to.. planting a mobile phone to see if it grew into a tree (hence my stage name) and walking out on a big record deal as i thought the label wasnt worthy of my amazing gifts..... and many other things that i am to ashamed to mention... as im sure you can imagine... i needed help and haldol did help but i found comming off the stuff to be beyond pure hell... i couldnt relax for more than 5 mins... couldnt stop shaking.. couldnt sleep... i couldnt even go to a supermarket.

when i get what i call THE FEAR i tend now to tell myself... this isnt real, its just bp and play guitar or paint or try somthing creative... it doesnt matter if its a good or bad outcome your simply occupying your mind so you dont panic to much... plus ive found deep breathing to be really helpfull...

i still smoke 30 a day, drink wine every day in the evening... but no longer touch illegal drugs... also since being diagnosed i have researched bp as much as possible and given talks on mental illness in the US.

i thought stephens show was pretty good although some facts were wrong.. but anything that helps us be understood can only be a good thing... shame the prog didnt explain the diffrence between bp 1, 2 and unipolar and the diffrence between a full blown mania and hypomania but well done to the bloke for using his FAME to enlighten people about a condition that kills 1 in ten of us and generally sends our lives into states that we can not control.

check out... http://www.documentally.com/
i did an interview on it about 6 months ago... episode 4 i think.

i wish you the best of luck in the future and prey we are posting this stuff on the correct section of this bloggyyy thing as it seems to be far more important to people than the illness.... oh and sorry about the typo's.. i only got a B in gcse english and cant be bothered spellchecking this in quark.

ps... or you could always try a sledge hammer.

tree

Rachel

Posted Tue Oct 3rd, 2006 5:45pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Kia Ora everyone. Living in New Zealand, means that we sometimesdo not get UK tv programs for months after they have aired on UK TV, however, in the early hours of this morning I had the good fortune to watch Stephen's documentary called, Who Do You Think You Are, it was wonderful watching him trace his parents & grand parents families. I cried along with Stephen as he read about his extended family who died in the Concentration Camps. I would like Stephen to know how much I enjoyed his journey. It was Wonderful..

ClareBear

Posted Tue Oct 3rd, 2006 7:20pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Yeah, they came to Bury to film part of that...

FryControl

Posted Sat Oct 7th, 2006 8:29am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
On the other hand, I could not help thinking 'Doesn't anyone care to actually read what Admin_OfficialFry wrote on top of the page? (Surely the message cannot be that insignificant?) Poor Admin will start developping a severe inferiority complex sooner or later if he continues to be so disgracefully overlooked.

I haven't gone through every post yet, but if there is indeed a "To Stephen" thread, can you imagine the length of that thing?! I'm sure it would be easier for him to read the notes to him if they were all in one thread, but it would be page after page (x100), with a few extras outside the thread from people who insist on having their own special thread to him. Perhaps it would be easier to have them all in one thread, then some unfortunate soul could print them out monthly (weekly? daily?! HOURLY?!) and let him soak in the tub for a few hours while he reads them and catches up. Who knows, perhaps the raisin look would look nice on him.

MissKittyKate

Posted Tue Oct 10th, 2006 1:03am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
If I had to pick 6 people for my fantasy dinner party, at least 4 of those people would be Stephen Fry. I could listen to you for hours on any subject - that is rare for a person like me with no concentration span at all!

Love your work Mr Fry.

Kate (26, Spinster from the Midlands).

AxmxZ

Posted Tue Oct 10th, 2006 2:02am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
If I had to pick 6 people for my fantasy dinner party, at least 4 of those people would be Stephen Fry. I could listen to you for hours on any subject - that is rare for a person like me with no concentration span at all!

Love your work Mr Fry.

Hear that, Mr Fry? Time to make like the amoeba and split!

FryControl

Posted Tue Oct 10th, 2006 4:52am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen

Love your work Mr Fry.

Hear that, Mr Fry? Time to make like the amoeba and split!

LOL!

"I find section 3--the lower left--of Stephen to be the most entertaining."

gemcakes

Posted Wed Oct 11th, 2006 11:11am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Did none of the above posters read this?

Stephen is grateful that you've taken the time to visit the site and he welcomes your comments, thoughts and discussions.

The best way to ensure Stephen sees your message is by posting it in the Forum (but not on this page).
Whilst Stephen cannot reply to each and every posted message, he looks forward to catching up with your thoughts and opinions when he looks into the Forum from time to time.

Also, the Administrators of this site are not Stephen himself, please post your messages on the public forum and not by Private Message to us.

Thank you once again for your posts.

Very best wishes,

Stephenfry.com Producers

ClareBear

Posted Wed Oct 11th, 2006 11:15am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Nope

FryControl

Posted Wed Oct 11th, 2006 11:29am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Did none of the above posters read this?

Stephen is grateful that you've taken the time to visit the site and he welcomes your comments, thoughts and discussions.

The best way to ensure Stephen sees your message is by posting it in the Forum (but not on this page).
Whilst Stephen cannot reply to each and every posted message, he looks forward to catching up with your thoughts and opinions when he looks into the Forum from time to time.

Also, the Administrators of this site are not Stephen himself, please post your messages on the public forum and not by Private Message to us.

Thank you once again for your posts.

Very best wishes,

Stephenfry.com Producers

My posts aren't TO Stephen, so mine don't count.

Perhaps this thread shoulda been locked after the original post.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Oct 11th, 2006 7:58pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
It was for a while but they opened it again. I wonder if they'd announce when Stephen was going to visit the forum in advance and whether he'd do one of those questions and answers things like he did on the Douglas Adams site or what Tom Baker does on his official forum (appearing every few months to answer questions).

Assuming direct control...

FryControl

Posted Thu Oct 12th, 2006 5:40am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
It was for a while but they opened it again. I wonder if they'd announce when Stephen was going to visit the forum in advance and whether he'd do one of those questions and answers things like he did on the Douglas Adams site or what Tom Baker does on his official forum (appearing every few months to answer questions).

I bet you'd see a huge increase in participation, lol! If I were him, I'd get a fake name and just join in from time to time that way he'd be able to walk away whenever without people pouncing on him or demanding his attention.

FryControl

Posted Thu Oct 12th, 2006 5:41am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Meh, I couldn't find the little EDIT thingy by my last post.

Anyway, I meant to add that in addition to the fake name, certain questions could be rounded up from time to time and the admin could post them in a new thread, along with the pre-written answers from Stephen, leaving out the username. All very anonymous.

Zefla

Posted Fri Oct 20th, 2006 7:49pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
I did read the post but only after I'd already posted. and unfortunately i couldn't find the delete or edit button