Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

FryControl

Posted Sat Oct 21st, 2006 9:55am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
I did read the post but only after I'd already posted. and unfortunately i couldn't find the delete or edit button

These things happen.

Zefla

Posted Sat Oct 21st, 2006 12:16pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
"FryControl" » [quote="Zefla"]I did read the post but only after I'd already posted. and unfortunately i couldn't find the delete or edit button

These things happen. :)[/quote]

Doesn't make me feel any less of idiot though.

FryControl

Posted Sat Oct 21st, 2006 1:29pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Doesn't make me feel any less of idiot though.

I have a lot of those moments, lol!

thompsonuk

Posted Sat Oct 21st, 2006 8:36pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
firstly congrats on creating a forum for the like minded out there,

Bi-Polar is very BAD.. just wanted to add that... im glad to see that there are people out there who are not afraid of discussing and championing the cause.

a hearty well done, also when you are on a high pehaps we can sit down over a bottle of something and discuss my ideas on string theory

kind regards

Baz

Mia

Posted Tue Oct 24th, 2006 9:40pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Hello, Mr Fry,
i am a 14 year old girl and i am absolutely terrified that i may screw this message up. Because this may be the only form of contacted i will ever have. So, what to tell you..........well.........i have a very large crush on you. The good news is, its because you are intelligent, witty (both meanings), a silent caring about you and most of all, you are so Beautiful. The bad news is that i now get picked on by a girl who shares a brain cell with her Brat doll. Despite this i have a 145 IQ and i am writing a mystery book called 'Faith and Proof'. What has she achieved, NOTHING!.

Your's sincerely
Mia Bevilacqua

ClareBear

Posted Tue Oct 24th, 2006 9:51pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Ahem.

Stephen is grateful that you've taken the time to visit the site and he welcomes your comments, thoughts and discussions.

The best way to ensure Stephen sees your message is by posting it in the Forum (but not on this page).

marisel

Posted Fri Oct 27th, 2006 4:44am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
hi stephen, im from argentina i was born to be your musa!!!, please find me
love Marisel

Canzonett

Posted Fri Oct 27th, 2006 9:43am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Ahem.

Stephen is grateful that you've taken the time to visit the site and he welcomes your comments, thoughts and discussions.

The best way to ensure Stephen sees your message is by posting it in the Forum (but not on this page).

Yes, Atari, I know. Remember September 29?

Skimming through the entries on this page, I feel torn like the ripped wrapping of a chocolate bar.

On one hand, I truly admire everyone taking his heart to disclose so deeply private personal musings, thoughts and emotions. I almost feel embarrassed for glancing at these posts at all, as most of them seem to have been composed as personal letters to Mr Fry. I do not tend to read other people's private mail. :-//

On the other hand, I could not help thinking 'Doesn't anyone care to actually read what Admin_OfficialFry wrote on top of the page? (Surely the message cannot be that insignificant?) Poor Admin will start developping a severe inferiority complex sooner or later if he continues to be so disgracefully overlooked.

Either you must harrumph at an almost deafening volume. Or accept the fact that they are here not in order to read, but to write. Let them unload their hearts. It will not hurt anyone. Just make this thread longer than a transatlantic telephone cable.

Mia

Posted Sat Oct 28th, 2006 7:53pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Hello Mr Fry,
I would just like to say congratulations (if thats spelt right!) about the BiPolar Documentry. When watching it i thought i had it because i could burst at random moments, often crying and violent as many of my school mates could tell you. And other times i was having the time of my life. But when like this i try not to acthally hurt anyone so i would lock my self in the bath room and bite my arm for punishment. I used to think of suicide, but watching you program made me realise what i might have so i started to try and notice how i got angry and stoped it. I am now a happy, organised child. (Well as normal as someone can when you like Star Trek!).

Thank You,

Mia Bevilacqua

Canzonett

Posted Sat Oct 28th, 2006 10:29pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
See?

Dace J. Brennan

Posted Thu Nov 2nd, 2006 4:23am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Dear Mr. Fry,
Accepting Bipolar as purely as a life-long chronic disease was the first step I took at aged 19 twenty-five years ago. Medical treatment was in its infancy.
Lithium was the only answer to my quest for normality. Now, there are other drug regimens avaliable: moodstabilizers, antidepressents, thyroxin (enhances effectiveness of the other meds as well as treatment for low thyroid levels), neuroleptics, anxiety meds, and sleep inducing drugs. The tricky part is finding the best combination for each person affected. Drug therapy must be customized, the mistake many Doctors make is folowing current medical trends only, or following a standard medicine profile. Sometimes older drugs, sometimes newer drugs, or a combination of the two is what works best.
As an American in London, I return to the US to see a physician from Johns Hopkins every eight weeks. Trial and error with meds, patience, a good Doc, family, friends, creative outlets: art, writing, and cooking, and some form of physical activivity have been instrumental in helping me cope with the most severe form of the disorder, bipolar I disorder. Anyone know of anything new that helps those with bipolar? I would love to hear about it. Dots

flopptop

Posted Sun Nov 5th, 2006 8:52pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Hi

Sorry if I offend any one but in my heart of hearts I just@ belive in mental illness.

Whilst I empathise with anyone whom fells that they have this label, I just don't think it's a very modern or realistic thing>

Thanks

Canzonett

Posted Sun Nov 5th, 2006 11:12pm Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Hi

Sorry if I offend any one but in my heart of hearts I just@ belive in mental illness.

Whilst I empathise with anyone whom fells that they have this label, I just don't think it's a very modern or realistic thing

I will not even try to understand the reason why you have chosen to post this statement in a forum that is obviously frequented by many visitors suffering from mental illnesses and problems.

This is not a question of belief or disbelief - not a matter of religion, not an arbitrary "label". It's a matter of medical science. Ergo: If there are any epithets suitable to characterise mental illnesses, it's just the terms you reject so vehemently: "modern" and "realistic". Just because we have only just begun to understand the subtle and complex mechanisms of our brain, this does not mean that they do not exist. Go and talk to a neuropsychiatrist (no problem for me, since my sister's boyfriend is at least a neurologist ...). Or do a bit of research.

FryControl

Posted Mon Nov 6th, 2006 12:50am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Hi

Whilst I empathise with anyone whom fells that they have this label, I just don't think it's a very modern or realistic thing

I will not even try to understand the reason why you have chosen to post this statement in a forum that is obviously frequented by many visitors suffering from mental illnesses and problems.

This is not a question of belief or disbelief - not a matter of religion, not an arbitrary "label". It's a matter of medical science. Ergo: If there are any epithets suitable to characterise mental illnesses, it's just the terms you reject so vehemently: "modern" and "realistic". Just because we have only just begun to understand the subtle and complex mechanisms of our brain, this does not mean that they do not exist. Go and talk to a neuropsychiatrist (no problem for me, since my sister's boyfriend is at least a neurologist ...). Or do a bit of research.

Now now, let the one-time poster have their beliefs whether medical science proves them incorrect or not. I think it's safe to say that a lot of people feel the same way, but perhaps because they've never gone through something related to it. No sense in debating it and getting things all heated up (and I'm pretty sure they'll get that way once more people have read that comment). I'm the first to go off on rants about things like this, but considering that was their first and only (so far) post, it's possible it's just someone trying to be different. Or they truly believe in what they said, in which case those of us who know about the studies and causes for mental illnesses (illnessi? lol) can remain content in their own beliefs.

Canzonett

Posted Mon Nov 6th, 2006 9:04am Post subject: How to send messages to Stephen
Of course you are right, FryControl, and I apologize for those parts of my post that might be read as exaggeratedly aggressive or polemic. My intention was definitely not to hurt anyone.

Maybe it is not so much a question of belief, but rather of trust we are dealing with here. Even though I haven't suffered from an officially diagnosed mental illness myself yet, I trust the results of medical research which state that such conditions do exist and are connected to known or unknown mechanisms of the human body ...

Anyway, I should not judge people from my own standards. Meaning that if this had been my own first post to this forum, I had checked the different sub-forums and their threads a little more carefully and picked a more suitable place to sketch my opinion and discuss it.