Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Jul 7th, 2007 8:00pm Post subject: How We Built Britain
This series is fantastic. It always leaves me drooling over the gorgeous buildings. I love all the old castles with secret stairways and hiding places and Laird's Lugs. Some of my favourite buildings so far include the Tudor house with the fancy garden that was made for you to walk around (on the grass and not the gravel), the symmetrical house, the terraced houses in Bath, the granite buildings in Aberdeen and the fairytale castle style houses. [Can't rememember any of the names, I'm rubbish with names] I would love to travel around Britain to see all these buildings. I love old architecture, especially Georgian. Never been a fan of post-war through to modern architecture though.

Assuming direct control...

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sat Jul 7th, 2007 9:34pm Post subject: How We Built Britain
YES! Ive been hooked looking at it, I always wanted to live in a castle or a grand house. I plan on building my own house sometime in the future with that type of style. I want secret passages and sweeping stairs, maybe throw in a few turrets and medievil Interiors

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Jul 8th, 2007 6:43pm Post subject: How We Built Britain
Medieval style would be my second choice of dream home. My first choice would be a grand Georgian house whether it be a city terrace or a big conutry house I love their style with all the classical influences.

Assuming direct control...