Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Silverwing

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 12:02pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
Im sick of people tryin to discredit our royal family.
saying "Diana was pregnant is bad".and that buttler, grrrr!
I should think the teddy bear sales will be down in a certain dept-store this crimbo..and so what! he deserves it...it was an accident!!
OUR QUEEN ROCKS!!

Misty Van Pi

Posted Thu Nov 22nd, 2007 8:58pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
The only problem with the royal family is this: how come their JSA check is larger than mine?

christy

Posted Fri Nov 23rd, 2007 12:43pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
The only problem with the royal family is this: how come their JSA check is larger than mine?
Yes, last time I read an article in the Daily Mail (notorious tory right-wing ridiculuos uk tabloid) about
'a foreign family, who have changed their surname to appear more british, have loads of offspring, numerous pets, several houses up and down the country , don't do any work, own a fleet of vehicles, evaded paying tax for years and are sponging off the tax payers of this country' I thought they were talking about the royal family!!!!!

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

Hanny

Posted Fri Nov 23rd, 2007 3:53pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
Yes, last time I read an article in the Daily Mail (notorious tory right-wing ridiculuos uk tabloid) about
'a foreign family, who have changed their surname to appear more british, have loads of offspring, numerous pets, several houses up and down the country , don't do any work, own a fleet of vehicles, evaded paying tax for years and are sponging off the tax payers of this country' I thought they were talking about the royal family!!!!!

X-D oh my god that made me laugh so much!!
i am not a royalist im afraid- so that really tickled me!!

christy

Posted Sat Nov 24th, 2007 1:31pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.

X-D oh my god that made me laugh so much!!
i am not a royalist im afraid- so that really tickled me!!

Glad to have made you laugh!
HRH stands for His/Her Royal Handouts by the way...

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

Vespertine

Posted Tue Nov 27th, 2007 12:27am Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
I'm not a fan of the royal family but while I think they should just respect the dead and let diana die I also think that so what? She died. Get over it. She's a human being like anyone else, not wonderwoman.

Misty Van Pi

Posted Tue Nov 27th, 2007 5:53am Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
I'm not a fan of the royal family but while I think they should just respect the dead and let diana die I also think that so what? She died. Get over it. She's a human being like anyone else, not wonderwoman.

Precisely. I've never understood what the fuss was all about. She farted, shat, and erred with the rest of us. She was just an a normal woman who spat out ankle-biters for the aristocracy; did the obligatory 'charity' circuit (mainly to ward off accusations that the royals are parasitic), and had a proclivity for sticking her fingers down her throat in the name of aesthetic 'beauty'.

God rest her soul; God help the rest of us if we have to endure incessant remainders every year about this woman.

Vespertine

Posted Tue Nov 27th, 2007 1:31pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.

Precisely. I've never understood what the fuss was all about. She farted, shat, and erred with the rest of us. She was just an a normal woman who spat out ankle-biters for the aristocracy; did the obligatory 'charity' circuit (mainly to ward off accusations that the royals are parasitic), and had a proclivity for sticking her fingers down her throat in the name of aesthetic 'beauty'.

God rest her soul; God help the rest of us if we have to endure incessant remainders every year about this woman.

AMEN

Saturn

Posted Tue Nov 27th, 2007 8:01pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
What would the Express and the Mail do without Diana on the front cover every day for the past ten years?

They might actually have to put some news in their newspaper [shock! horror!]

It was very sad, it was a tragic accident.

Even I cried at her funeral and I think the very concept of monarchy is a disgrace, an assault on our common humanity and dignity [how dare they expect people to bow and scrape to them] but she was the only one of those parasites that seemed a real person and not an inbred, over-privileged idiots.

But don't get me started on the monarchy...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Nov 27th, 2007 10:25pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
Would those of you living in the UK say there have been more articles about Diana before or after her death?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Nov 27th, 2007 10:50pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
Can't say I was ever really aware of her existence before she died. Before then I just saw a picture of her and Charles getting married in a book on Kings and Queens of England that my dad had. Really never paid attention to the royal family. I still get confused over the names when they get mentioned on shows like Mock The Week.

Assuming direct control...

Saturn

Posted Tue Nov 27th, 2007 10:51pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
Hard to to be sure, I guess from the time she met old Charlie Boy, what late 70s?? to '97 must have been a hell of a lot, but since her death it seems to be insane how much coverage she still generates.

I wonder if she'd be pleased at how may trees have fallen to print the endless articles about her death...

...methinks no...

whatonearth

Posted Tue Nov 27th, 2007 11:04pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
I was only 11 when she died (still remember it though), so I can't really say, but honestly, 10 years after her death and she still makes the headlines in the Daily Express on an alarmingly regular basis. 10 years isn't a long time to be dead for but it is a long time to be in the news on a regular basis when you haven't done anything at all.

Did anyone see that thing about the queen's visit the the US last night? It was potty, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Shlomz

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 4:25pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
Why are people so obsessed with her? She's DEAD get over it. She's dead, elvis is dead, jesus is dead!

ARGH!

I was only three when she died and now there are people on TV telling me that i remember exactly where i was when i heard the news! LIARS!
They also have "experts" ie. weird people who want to be on tv and make up conspiracy theorys so that they can tell me where THEY were when she died. As if i care!

This Chaser song mentions di, love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLVsIpejFgM

Maureen

Posted Thu Feb 7th, 2008 6:23pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.

AMEN

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like this.

It's always sad when someone of 36 dies, especially if they have kids and miss seeing the grow up - but it's just as sad for the ordinary person in the street - and they have less money to bring their kids up with!

I also object to the lumping of us all together as in 'the whole nation mourned for her' - I heard Noel Gallagher (a person I don't always have a lot of time for admittedly) on radio saying: 'That's bulls**t - I'm part of this nation and I didn't mourn..'

BTW Christy - love your avatar - one of my favourite poets!