Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 5:04am Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
no offence to brits, cos i honestly love you guys and i cant WAIT to come over there and live with you, but I love my home (australia) and i think its high time australia broke away from the monarchy and became a republic. we're ready for it. nobody knows anything about the royal family or our country's history anymore.
(except for me )
and people should just let Di go...she died so long ago, and her family gets no peace, every other night on the channel 10 news there's a bit on her and another inquest
it's annoying.

masquerade

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 7:49am Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
Forget Australia, nobody knows anything about the royal family in England any more!!!! X-D

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 12:36pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
*forgets Australia*

"where am i?? why is it so frigging hot here? and why does everyone speak so funny? "

*kangaroo hops by*

"what the HELL was that??!!"

there's this doco on telly at the moment called a year with the royal family, narrated by cate blanchette...i think it's supposed to remind us that we ahve a queen and a royal family we're supposed to love. it was pretty interesting, what i saw last week. i watched it with my friends, and it just goes to show how little reverance there is:

the queen was having her photo taken, then she went to america to see good old GWB, and the only thing we ever said during the entire show was "jesus christs, the queen has MASSIVE tits, eh!" or, "I wonder who cleans up after her dogs when they shit in the house?"

Saturn

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 12:49pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
If Cate Blanchett WAS the Queen I'd be a fervent monarchist...hmm....

.....Cate Belanchett rrarrrrr...

I'd be her Prince Charming any day

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 12:55pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.

Cate Blanchette

met her, worked with her, drank with her, dined with her.

Saturn

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 1:50pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
OOoh please tell me she's as nice and as beautiful in real life!!!

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 2:05pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
she's really...posh, i guess is the right word.

the day i met her was the closest i have ever come to peeing myself with nervousness, cos i am such a fan and she is gorgeous!

i met her through a long chain of lucky coincidences and networking which began thus:

i was working as a stage-manager on a small play in melbourne. the production manager, (my boss) was stage-managing at the malthouse for exit the king, starring geoffrey rush and directed by neil armfield. i begged darren to let me come to a rehearsal to meet geoffrey (who is AMAZING) and neil, cos neil's a pretty big director here in aus. anywho i went along and ended up finding out that the film i was gong to production-assist on, ned kelly, was directed by neil.

so i did ned kelly (which co-starred rush) and from then on i have been able to go to cool little theatrey and filmy parties

but long story short i worked with cate very briefly with geoff in sydney when she became artisitic director of the STC.

she was charming and polite and gorgeous and at the cast and crew dinner that night when she sat next to me i honestly almost peed. X-D

the end

Saturn

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 2:08pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
**Starstruck**

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 2:14pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
hahaha, what surprises me is that people in the UK dont associate with their celebs more often; after all, on a famous person/population ratio, you guys look as if you should be room mates with them

but i guess if i ever want to be successful as an actor i have to be a good schmooze.

(which i am X-D )

st.bipolar

Posted Sat Mar 1st, 2008 1:25am Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
i met Arnold Schwarzenegger and my familys friends with daniel day lewis and they both really strike me as being hypomaniac especially arnold!

diane tigue

Posted Sat Mar 29th, 2008 9:08pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
I wuv the Queen and England in general. I do think that Diana relied heavily on the press to reduce the prestige of the royal family. She succeeded in portraying her martyrdom in a marriage of convenience - what a unique stew pot to be in. she should have just divorced the prince in silent dignity. I saw the interview (there were three of us in the marriage) and squirmed through it.

As to her taste in men - her latest made me think of Jackie Kennedy in that stupid bolero outfit before she landed that whale Onnasis. Money buys lots of hankies.

CollectorManiac

Posted Sat Mar 29th, 2008 10:34pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.

Cate Blanchette

met her, worked with her, drank with her, dined with her.

you lucky person =P
*fondles manicly*
that is one of THE most beautiful pictures I have ever seen haha

and re: di, just let her be is all I have to say really, or invest in one of Viz's Lady DiPods so you can carry her everywhere without irritating the rest of the population that avoids the diana bicycle at all costs =P

Oscar

Posted Sat Apr 26th, 2008 10:10pm Post subject: H.R.H.Princess Diana.
Many people point out the charity work Diana performed during her lifetime (most notably her Anti-Landmine initiative). But I really wonder if she didn't do this work so that the British public would continue to flip the bill for her. She had to do SOMETHING besides jet around and eat caviar to justify her expense. To me she was just another worthless royal living off the taxpayer sweat. Calm down, Elton.