Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

whatonearth

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 12:18am Post subject: I am scum
There's only one thing for it:

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 7:24pm Post subject: I am scum

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 11:16pm Post subject: I am scum
X-D X-D X-D X-D X-D

Why does he always shout?!

whatonearth

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 11:34pm Post subject: I am scum
i don't know. you know my ex-housemate still owes me some cillit bang from over a year ago when i won a bet that coke cleans pennies if you put one in a glass overnight.

but don't mind this thread, it's just my obligatory weekly bizarre self-pity festival, let's talk about cillit bang and other awful detergent adverts instead!

christy

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 11:43pm Post subject: I am scum
VINEGAR!!!!
Sorry for shouting (there is a cleaner called 'Shout'!)
but vinegar beats just about everything!
http://www.vinegartips.com/
have a look!
Use distilled vinegar (clear) so it doesn't stain anything...

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 11:52pm Post subject: I am scum
well I dont know if this is even funny to you guys or just me rambling as usual:

we have a woman who helps with the cleaning in the house twice a week since mam had her surgery, she is a old-ish lady from our parish (my dad being ubber religious and all that...) who basically thinks bleach is the be-all and end-all of cleaning products. Our house used to smell like a swimming pool until we lied and told her the dog was allergic to it. now she "only uses it in the toilet". my dad thinking that it is more cost effective to buy a big 2L bottle of bleach that will last ages.... nope after 2 weeks she leaves a little note "need domesTOES". we call her the bleach queen. Im convinced she drinks it.

christy

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 11:59pm Post subject: I am scum
The Bleach Queen
ha ha ha ha
X-D X-D X-D
that is amusing!
To get out of housework, I've heard of several people claiming to be 'allergic' to cleaning products, rubber gloves, etc...
(especially lads who are/were students, in order to get their mum's round to clean up after them!!!
)

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

whatonearth

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 11:59pm Post subject: I am scum
haha there is something about older people and bleach, my grandma is obsessed with it too. i took her food shopping the other day and we were trying to find some but she was so picky about the type of bleach she wanted to get as well.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 12:05am Post subject: I am scum
I know! its crazy... Its like they were told nothing in this world but bleach cleans things. no matter what anyone presents as a cleaning product, they wont believe you.

We tried the vinegar thing, it works! and coke strips dirt off nearly any metal...

whatonearth

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 12:09am Post subject: I am scum
well they probably didn't have an awful lot else during the war.

if in doubt, say it's because of the war.

and yes well i won the bet and i said it would clean it off i think i won another bet with him too about something even more banal and he never delivered with that either. boy oh boy, next time i see him he's going to pay...

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 12:10am Post subject: I am scum
oooh do tell!

whatonearth

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 12:14am Post subject: I am scum
well the only reason i didn't tell the first time is because it really is incredibly boring, so don't say i didn't warn you. although now i remember we didn't bet on it because he bet £10 and i chickened out even though i was so sure i was right. so yeah here is how i lost the easiest £10 i could have ever made:

it was just that he somehow thought that you couldn't turn the TV off at the actual set if it was already on standby, and i knew that you could. so i went to turn it off, the little red light stayed on for a few more seconds, he shouted 'HA!' in triumph, and then the little light went off. then i cursed for not betting properly.

and that's it!

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 12:16am Post subject: I am scum
whats more, if you had not technically specified the button on the tv, you could have just pulled the plug...?

whatonearth

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 12:24am Post subject: I am scum
this is true, but i think it was him that raised the subject. oh well this was ages ago now and the £10 would probably have been spent pretty sharpish, plus he did buy me a pint and show me round london a few months ago even though he's probably seen enough of the touristy bits of london to last him a lifetime so i'll call it quits.

i kind of miss him actually, even though he is a grumpy bastard and spends most of his time either asleep, playing guitar hero or generally being grumpy and rude. but we had some good times together.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 1:25am Post subject: I am scum
i knew people who kept coke in a spray bottle to clean thier truck windsield in case they parked under a tree that dripped sap all over it.

well... okay, ONE person.

my 8th grade civics teacher.