Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 2:35am Post subject: I am scum
Clearly, I didn't understand this thread.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 2:44pm Post subject: I am scum
Oh Cillit Bang. X-D Whenever I see the adverts now I can't help thinking of Peter Serafinowciz. X-D X-D

Assuming direct control...

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 2:51pm Post subject: I am scum
here tobias http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwVaLFbLFOM this is one of the adverts.... might make abit more sense ha ha ha

Edited cos I cant even post links properly X-D thanks amyl!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 2:57pm Post subject: I am scum
The link doesn't work because of the comma Sarah.

Try this.

OMG what's with the pages and pages of people doing their own Cillit Bang adverts? :S

Mwahaha more adverts:

Advert 2

Advert 3

Advert 4

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 3:02pm Post subject: I am scum
I know! but I can see people thinking they are so original and deadly for creating one....

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 3:08pm Post subject: I am scum
Yeah with all their 'funky lil remixes'. People do it to children's shows a lot too Balamory in particular.

Desdemona

Posted Wed Dec 12th, 2007 6:00pm Post subject: I am scum
Balamory CSI

is very funny, well i though it was. ^__^

Skip Life and come with me?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Dec 12th, 2007 6:40pm Post subject: I am scum
I liked the one where they rapped their own Balamory song. It was pretty good but they've since reset the video to private.

whatonearth

Posted Sun Feb 24th, 2008 11:12pm Post subject: I am scum

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Feb 24th, 2008 11:14pm Post subject: I am scum
ok i really am scum now actually, and i have nowhere to express this at all because oddly i'm still too proud to admit it to the people i know. stupid.

proud to be scum? or ... feel bad and don't want to tell them? whassup? banjo concerned.

whatonearth

Posted Sun Feb 24th, 2008 11:20pm Post subject: I am scum

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Feb 24th, 2008 11:50pm Post subject: I am scum
it's not pathetic at all.

it's been hard for me to realize that my friends WANT to know the uglier parts of me, so that they know me better as a person. the whole idea confuses me.

i don't know if that's exactly what you are talking about. but sometimes i am so worried about not burdening people that they start to think i'm perfect when i'm not, that i wouldn't want to hear thier problems because i must not have any of my own...and if i don't let people know about mistakes and regrets and bad days, then i'm missing out and they are missing out on half of our friendship.

then again, that's just my recent experience and i'm not sure if it's what you mean.

whatonearth

Posted Mon Feb 25th, 2008 12:02am Post subject: I am scum

Pete

Posted Mon Feb 25th, 2008 1:43am Post subject: I am scum
Hey Mockingbird,
Sounds to me after reading your last post that you are perfectly human, with thoughts I can totally relate to.
Banjo... I know exactly where you are coming from with your post. I hate it when I screw up and my friends are aghast... "Ohhh Pete's screwed up !!! Ohh... ahh..... That shouldn’t happen !!!"
The fact is I've screwed up more times that I can remember, have done it BIG time, and am quite open about it, even discussing openly (both here and with friends) the time I sent myself bust through shear mania lasting for months and risked everything on a stupid business venture.
Anyway a long story.. But I know where you are coming from, and I now try and keep my strengths to myself, and try and expose my weaknesses. Unfortunately a lot of people have time for others who expose their weaknesses, and they tend not to jump on you when you screw up. Maybe because it's more expected and thus forgivable.. Not sure !!!
But having said that, it's in my make up to place friends ahead of me, stop everything and help. It can be a burden, but one I generally feel good if not great for having.
Take care,
oxo
Pete

LilyG

Posted Mon Feb 25th, 2008 1:57am Post subject: I am scum
hahaha, its funny how cultural differences are.

i've never heard of cilit bang, but when i saw the ad on youtube i realised it was like what we have here in Aus, and what they have in america; easy off bam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt839k1qVvk&feature=related

ofcorse, in aus ours are dubbed, but i cant find any of the aussies ads on youtube.

we have the first ad too, and i hate it so much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr1fDOzLkAo&feature=related

that one, unfortunately, we dont have dubbed