Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Color Panda

Posted Wed Mar 24th, 2010 5:40pm Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

I have a question.
Some years ago I held a book in my hands.
I think, it’s by Stephen Fry…) Or, maybe, he’s one of its authors.
I have never read that book.
That one was named like “Flibbertigibbet”)). Title with two rhymed words
I can’t recall exactly.
Would you be so kind to remind me the title of this book?

ad_astra

Posted Wed Mar 24th, 2010 6:52pm Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

Color Panda, I'm not entirely sure but the book you're looking for might be "Tish and Pish: How to Be of a Speakingness Like Stephen Fry - A Delicious Collection of Sumptuous Gorgeosities" by Stewart Ferris.

We are made for love, for generosity, sharing, and compassion, for transcendence. We are made to reach for the stars.
Desmond Tutu

"Go out and be kind."
Stephen Fry

@ad_astra30

Color Panda

Posted Thu Mar 25th, 2010 11:14am Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

Ooo. Tranks a lot, ad_astra!
Yes, I had in mind exactly this book)))

Color Panda

Posted Thu Mar 25th, 2010 11:21am Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

ad_astra said:
Color Panda, I'm not entirely sure but the book you're looking for might be "Tish and Pish: How to Be of a Speakingness Like Stephen Fry - A Delicious Collection of Sumptuous Gorgeosities" by Stewart Ferris.

Ad_astra, have you ever read this book? Is it useful and interesting. Or it's just an attempt to copy incredible Fry's language?

ad_astra

Posted Thu Mar 25th, 2010 2:00pm Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

Color Panda,I have just flicked through the book once so I can't say much about it. As far as I remember it's a kind of tongue-in-cheek attempt at creating something like an English - Fry dictionary or phrasebook.
Here's a sample chapter if you'd like to have a look yourself:http://www.summersdale.com/images/Tish_and_Pish-sample-chapter.pdf

We are made for love, for generosity, sharing, and compassion, for transcendence. We are made to reach for the stars.
Desmond Tutu

"Go out and be kind."
Stephen Fry

@ad_astra30

Color Panda

Posted Thu Mar 25th, 2010 5:15pm Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

ad_astra, thanks a lot))