Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Color Panda

Posted Wed Mar 24th, 2010 5:40pm Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

I have a question.
Some years ago I held a book in my hands.
I think, it’s by Stephen Fry…) Or, maybe, he’s one of its authors.
I have never read that book.
That one was named like “Flibbertigibbet”)). Title with two rhymed words
I can’t recall exactly.
Would you be so kind to remind me the title of this book?

ad_astra

Posted Wed Mar 24th, 2010 6:52pm Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

Color Panda, I'm not entirely sure but the book you're looking for might be "Tish and Pish: How to Be of a Speakingness Like Stephen Fry - A Delicious Collection of Sumptuous Gorgeosities" by Stewart Ferris.

Color Panda

Posted Thu Mar 25th, 2010 11:14am Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

Ooo. Tranks a lot, ad_astra!
Yes, I had in mind exactly this book)))

Color Panda

Posted Thu Mar 25th, 2010 11:21am Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

ad_astra said:
Color Panda, I'm not entirely sure but the book you're looking for might be "Tish and Pish: How to Be of a Speakingness Like Stephen Fry - A Delicious Collection of Sumptuous Gorgeosities" by Stewart Ferris.

Ad_astra, have you ever read this book? Is it useful and interesting. Or it's just an attempt to copy incredible Fry's language?

ad_astra

Posted Thu Mar 25th, 2010 2:00pm Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

Color Panda,I have just flicked through the book once so I can't say much about it. As far as I remember it's a kind of tongue-in-cheek attempt at creating something like an English - Fry dictionary or phrasebook.
Here's a sample chapter if you'd like to have a look yourself:http://www.summersdale.com/images/Tish_and_Pish-sample-chapter.pdf

Color Panda

Posted Thu Mar 25th, 2010 5:15pm Post subject: I can't recall this books title. Please, help me)

ad_astra, thanks a lot))