Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Occy

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 9:45am Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
Wodonga....

TUE Morning Clouds. Very Hot. Dry. 15 km/h
WSW - 11% 14 38

WED Mostly Sunny. Hot. Dry. 16 km/h
W - 20% 19 35

THU Sunny. Warm. Dry. 19 km/h
SSW - 17% 17 29

FRI Sunny. Warm. Dry. 5 km/h
SW - 19% 13 32

SAT High Level Clouds. Warm. 6 km/h
NW - 17% 12 32

SUN Morning Clouds. Warm. Dry. 11 km/h
NNW - 20% 17 33

MON Morning Clouds. Hot. Dry. 13 km/h
W - 13% 17 36

Is it any wonder I want to move somewhere colder?

RobertBruce

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 1:02pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
I take then that there was no hint of snow, rain, freezing winds from the West, hail or any inclement weather at Wodonga?

Wanna swap?

Occy

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 2:26pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
I take then that there was no hint of snow, rain, freezing winds from the West, hail or any inclement weather at Wodonga?

Wanna swap?

Hell yes - do you know what manner of hell 38 degrees is when you dont have a proper air conditioner?

michael

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 3:45pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...

Wanna swap?

Hell yes - do you know what manner of hell 38 degrees is when you dont have a proper air conditioner?

yeah, if it's around 100F...i know what matter of hell 120F is too! (yeah, without AC...i don't know how that happened...well, i do....long story! LOL!)

hope you get AC, that helps. we get 100s here for most of July and August.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

RobertBruce

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 4:27pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...

Well, errr umm actually I do!

Being a born n bred Namibian, the oldest desert in the world was for many years my backyard and playground.

We had no aircon. So my ever resourceful father painted the roof black thus adapting what the Bedouin knew only too well about wearing black garments.

The house was cool all year round. Not even the 'East Wind' that blew fiercely hot made a dent to the interior temperature. All doors and windows would be shut tight when the wind blew to prevent the dust /sand blowing in and as a result the house remained amicably cool inside.

So here I am in a cold UK where today the sun shone, it snowed and a few minutes ago, it tried to snow again but the snow clouds have skudded away and left a blue sky once again.

Strange day.

Go paint your roof!

gjhsu

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 4:29pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
We're having alternating days of highs of 40F and 80F, and all it's doing is getting me sick! :'(

RobertBruce

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 4:33pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
We're having alternating days of highs of 40F and 80F, and all it's doing is getting me sick! :'(

Go North! X-D

michael

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 4:42pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...

Well, errr umm actually I do!

Being a born n bred Namibian, the oldest desert in the world was for many years my backyard and playground.

We had no aircon. So my ever resourceful father painted the roof black thus adapting what the Bedouin knew only too well about wearing black garments.

The house was cool all year round. Not even the 'East Wind' that blew fiercely hot made a dent to the interior temperature. All doors and windows would be shut tight when the wind blew to prevent the dust /sand blowing in and as a result the house remained amicably cool inside.

So here I am in a cold UK where today the sun shone, it snowed and a few minutes ago, it tried to snow again but the snow clouds have skudded away and left a blue sky once again.

Strange day.

Go paint your roof!

that's awesome! your house changes, i mean.

i'd love to live in an adobe house, they're very cool inside and really pretty. especially those ones where the walls inside don't make sharp 90deg angles

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Occy

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 5:09pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
I have a tin roof and live in a weatherboard- you get what you can...

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 4:00am Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
I'm sick of the snow...plus all my clothing is for warm weather considering i just moved from down south.

i need it to be warm!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

duno

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 4:03am Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
You could always came to Geelong, Occy. X-D
We could use a bit of your weather down here.

Occy

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 8:40am Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
But Geelongs a dump :p *hides*

joan

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 1:32pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
Before we got aircon we used to get in a cold shower in tshirts and undies, then sit around till they dried, drinking cold home brew.....

Once we had a small above ground pool given - I came home one day from work, and took a short cut through the back gate - there was the pool looking all inviting so I just climbed in in my office gear and refused to get out till someone brought me a drink. My husband, watching me from the verandah, reckoned he saw steam rise as I climbed it - phew! it had been a hot walk from the railway station.

Occy

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 2:22pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
to never have to do that again?

Jarus

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 4:32pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
I have never understood why people want to move to these hot countries, English weather has always seemed perfect for me. Never to hot, never to cold and a reassuring amount of drizzle X-D