Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Occy

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 4:43pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
I love a nice mid weather day with drizzle on and off - not enough to stop you going out, just enough to water the garden.

pegasus

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 4:49pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
Forget hot and sticky you should try a variable weather pattern that changes every 5 mins. Granted not as hot but due to the variety you can always be suprised and pleased. In 3 years time thats where I'll be the rational behind my eventual move wi to keep me as sane as possible. When depressed I can look upon the beauty of Skye and feel better, when manic I can walk for miles until exhausted and when mixed, as I invariebly am well I can do both.

Maxx England

Posted Sat Jan 10th, 2009 4:57pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
Forget hot and sticky you should try a variable weather pattern that changes every 5 mins. Granted not as hot but due to the variety you can always be suprised and pleased. In 3 years time thats where I'll be the rational behind my eventual move wi to keep me as sane as possible. When depressed I can look upon the beauty of Skye and feel better, when manic I can walk for miles until exhausted and when mixed, as I invariebly am well I can do both.

Don't forget, they're opening a new Lidl in Portree, so you won't have to pay Skye high prices for your shopping. Just get used to the tourists clogging the roads up during the season (population rises from 7,000 in the winter to 70,000+ in the summer).

quote="Jarus"]I have never understood why people want to move to these hot countries, English weather has always seemed perfect for me. Never to hot, never to cold and a reassuring amount of drizzle X-D[/quote]

A friend had the opportunity of moving to Spain, but after he'd stayed there with some friends for a while, he came back. He hadn't realised how much he would miss GREEN plant life.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Jan 11th, 2009 10:47pm Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
I have never understood why people want to move to these hot countries, English weather has always seemed perfect for me. Never to hot, never to cold and a reassuring amount of drizzle X-D

Agreed.

To me air condition is something that you want on a humid day, stuck in a crappy car... never felt the need to have it in the house. Every day is a jumper day in England, then if it gets a tad too warm, you simply remove the jumper... it's a simple system we've perfected over 100's of years.

Mister

Posted Mon Jan 12th, 2009 3:22am Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
Heat actually sound wonderful right now. Two days ago I had to thaw my hands on candles and wear my scarf inside, since it was freezing here.

Well, that's what one get for living in a country with more words for snow, rain and cold, than most countries have for fun, joy and love.

Beautiful thing, the destruction of words.

Occy

Posted Mon Jan 12th, 2009 6:03am Post subject: I can't take it anymore...
today was lovely - no more than 16 c in the morning. now its around 24 and started to get towards as hot as I like it. Tomorrow is a stinker, but im going for a swim with cappy