Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Occy

Posted Thu May 22nd, 2008 12:21pm Post subject: I iz crazee
I have said yes to taking another dog - making 4 dogs and me. This one is around 8 years old. She only has 6-12 months to live due to cancer so she is coming here to live out her days in the lap of barely luxury

Maren

Posted Thu May 22nd, 2008 1:40pm Post subject: I iz crazee
That's great, Occy! I hope you'll have a good last time together, even though it may be a short time.
Best wishes!

whattocallmyself

Posted Thu May 22nd, 2008 3:25pm Post subject: I iz crazee

You are such a nice person Occy!
Take good care of the old lady.
Kiss her from me!
*gives squeky toys and rawhidebones*

Onwards and Upwards!

JSKanga84

Posted Thu May 22nd, 2008 5:07pm Post subject: I iz crazee
Awww! That's really lovely of you; the old girl is really lucky that you're such a generous dog lover.

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu May 22nd, 2008 8:45pm Post subject: I iz crazee
Good for you Occy! The more the merrier We have 3 dogs, 7 horses, 2 cows, 1 donkey, and a Blue and Gold macaw.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 23rd, 2008 8:55pm Post subject: I iz crazee
No partridge in a pear tree, Toby?

nongenderous

Posted Fri May 23rd, 2008 9:24pm Post subject: I iz crazee
My family's dog also suffers from cancer. He's eleven and a flat coted retriever and the only dog we've had since it was a puppy. In my neighborhood there are lots of dogs and I wonder how I'll respond to all the barking when he's no longer with us.

Occy

Posted Sun May 25th, 2008 1:40am Post subject: I iz crazee
she is here now - wee slip of a thing - about 25kg worth of shepherd (considering 30 is normal for a female her size). She has some severe possession issues - anywhere she is - anything she has - its hers - including me and her food (high value = possession aggression) so we are working on that. My guys all know how to share, I suspect she will never learn so at feeding times and when Cappy is in the house I keep her outside or in her crate.

Right now she is lying next to me as I type. I've decided to call her Billie - she answers to it sometimes and she is a real little lady - a right madam if you will!!

I dont think she has pannus but my vet will tell me on thurs - she does have a nasty eye infection for which I need some drops as it's not just dry eye - I think it's conjunctivitis - blergh

her front leg is pretty sore so she is getting meds for that.

She has some tumors that the vet will look at on wed - perhaps theyre worth removing...who knows...

I wish I was a millionaire

Occy

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 1:00pm Post subject: I iz crazee
Vet has seen Billie - thinks the tumors are just hormone lumps - so she might have a couple of years in her - see how that goes

ive got a couple of pics but i cant be stuffed putting them on photobucket right now