Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Shyamz

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 3:00pm Post subject: I love Dave.
Have to say I loved Bottom too, and the only reason I never went to see it live was because I could never call up in time to get tickets. (Very nearly 1 million peole in total have seen a live Bottom show...that's pretty amazing to me ).

It has to be said that they are the masters of their particular style, that very hyper, physical comedy. No one can touch them on that, not since the Comic Strip days.

I'm all in favour of fun for fun's sake, and that's how I always saw it. "The Sprouts Of Evil" nearly made me sick laughing the first time I saw it. (OOoooohhhh!!!)

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 3:23pm Post subject: I love Dave.
I think Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson are brilliant at their comedy style. It's silly and fun. There's nothing witty or clever about it like you get with Fry and Laurie whom I also love, it's more physical and mad and ott and trying to gorss you out a bit too. I like variety. I love it when the two duos work together like on Saturday Live when Fry and Laurie did a Flower Arranging Dance sketch and the Dangerous Brothers invaded and took over! X-D Or when they pop up in each others's shows like in Blackadder, The New Statesman, The Young Ones and Filthy, Rich and Catflap.

Dangervision

The Dangerous Brothers make Fry and Laurie get sexy!

But the Dangerous Brothers doesn't like the attention Stephen's getting from the fans so shows him how to do it 'properly'

Assuming direct control...

Shyamz

Posted Sun Feb 17th, 2008 5:18pm Post subject: I love Dave.
Hee, I love those sketches!

Shame Dave has gone and spoilt everything by adding Airport to it's regular listings but never mind, it can't be for long.

Catt_H

Posted Sun May 18th, 2008 5:19pm Post subject: I love Dave.
ahh Dave is an excellent channel!!!!

so many great shows.... Live at the Apollo.... Mock the Week.... QI..... Whoose Line is it Anyway.... so many classics!