Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

RATZGobbler

Posted Wed Dec 16th, 2009 7:55am Post subject: I love Muse. Why?

I refer to the modern British band responsible for such works as Knights of Cydonia and the Twilight end credits track Supermassive Black Hole. Now, there may be some of you that could be visualizing me as what current gossip calls "emo" or "goth" perhaps, but I deny that affiliation for the sake of individualism. I have an affinity for Muse, truly, because of the raw power that is generated by much of its works that move me like no other bands' music. But also the name of the band itself, Muse, as in the Thalia, Euterpe, Clio, etc.and it's the word from which Music is derived, apologies for the "duh" moment, and it's a small delight but a delight nonetheless. Then there's Matt Bellamy, the lead singer who is a Georgist (just for commentary), whom I've actually seen him listening to some of his orchestral works and noticed him feel the rhythm and harmony within the song, by showing minute yet synchronized gestures as the song plays, as if he has practiced it over a million times in his head to perfect it. That is my reason for loving of the songs of the alternative rock band that is Muse.

Now, have you any criticisms to add?

Ignorance is Bliss in the way that Violence is intelligible.

lessthanfirst

Posted Tue Dec 29th, 2009 5:33pm Post subject: I love Muse. Why?

Muse are awesome!

oliverpothecary

Posted Sat Feb 27th, 2010 2:12pm Post subject: I love Muse. Why?

Old Muse = amazing. Their latest release = uninspired (or 'museless'?)

www.oliverpothecary.wordpress.com