Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Vampyros

Posted Sun May 16th, 2010 3:10pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

I do too if I have a drink
Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

greentree

Posted Sun May 16th, 2010 9:15pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

The other half snores like god knows what sometimes. Apparently i do too sometimes, very gently, but of course i deny this strongly......

No sig.

Vampyros

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 10:38am Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

Denial is not just a river in Egypt
Apparently I also snore more than I admit to but I think it's cappa's imagination and she is just saying so her snoring does not seem so bad.
Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

katysara

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 4:21pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

Due to drop another 2.5mg tonight

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

katysara

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 4:22pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

think i may be going too fast

~ Stephen Fry

michael

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 6:06pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

uh oh! why?

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

katysara

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 11:26pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

because i only slept 55 mins last night

~ Stephen Fry

Vampyros

Posted Tue May 18th, 2010 9:35am Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

What did doc recommend? Do they know your sleep is getting so bad? When are you do to see them again?
Vx

katysara

Posted Tue May 18th, 2010 10:33am Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

Not seeing GP till Friday. Cut down another 2.5mg last night. Sleep not too bad

~ Stephen Fry

michael

Posted Tue May 18th, 2010 4:26pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

how much is not too bad?

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

katysara

Posted Tue May 18th, 2010 6:09pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

About 3 hours

~ Stephen Fry

tmidir

Posted Tue May 18th, 2010 8:51pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

slow and steady does it, go down in small stages, give it a week or two between small decreases in dosage then let things level off before reducing again. If you've been on benzos for a wee while then it will impact more and take a little longer to reduce, I would have thought a period of months is a reasonable timescale to be looking at in order to effectively minimise side effects. Also remember why you're on them in the first place, in order to get some sleep and keep things chilled, don't miss out on sleep as that will impact on everything else. I've read your website katysara and I think you're a wonderfully brave and inspirational young lady, I hope things keep going well for you, just be gentle with any reduction in your meds and don't rush things.

ni or ecky ecky ptang ptang....I just can\'t decide!

katysara

Posted Tue May 18th, 2010 11:11pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

Why thank you tmidir,

I fear my impatience will lead me to cut down asap but I'm trying to be reasonably sensible about it.... Still my psych said to drop 5mg in 3 months. I've done that already in 8 days.

Feel ok, not sleeping is normal.

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

tito

Member *

Posted Tue May 18th, 2010 11:14pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

If you go too quickly, you may be more inclined to fail in the longterm.

I think you would advise someone else to take it slowly.

But that's the fabulous thing about being bipolar. It means never following your own advice.

I usually don't.

Take it easy duckie xxx

tito

Member *

Posted Tue May 18th, 2010 11:30pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

Snoring. Husband says I don't snore but sit bolt upright making anguished wailing noises, which I wake myself up doing sometimes, I also make clicking noises and either cry or laugh hysterically in my sleep. I wake myself up doing the last two as well.

He snores, every snore different from the last, stops breathing in his sleep, if he does then I wake up and nudge him. (His late brother had to have the oxygen at night for this).

He talks in his sleep about work/fishing. His sleep talking usually starts with 'Alright mate...............'

He used to sleepwalk a lot and once climbed up the front of his parents house, through their bedroom window and tried getting into bed with them. He was 19 at the time. His Dad thought he was a burglar and punched him the face.

His mother said she could make out a leg coming through the curtains.

When we were in our first home I found him sitting on the side of the bath, running cold water over his feet shouting 'We'll be late! Late!'

I became hysterical and threatened to call the police.

He woke up shortly afterwards.

I've got the feeling this may be a long post.