Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

katysara

Posted Wed May 19th, 2010 4:00pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

michael

Posted Wed May 19th, 2010 5:58pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

lol! i had a coworker who would move all her furniture while she was asleep. heavy dressers & all that. then she'd get back in bed, wake up in the middle of the night, and walk smack into it.

i found this out when i saw her buying decorative paper to make a lampshade. i said "oh you're crafty" and she said "no i have to replace the lampshade that i tore into bits in my sleep last night"

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

katysara

Posted Wed May 19th, 2010 6:08pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

Well I don't sleep walk. I used to sleep walk and sleep eat when I was on zolpidem (ambien). I'd wake up in the morning with food in my hair and bed. Quite embarrassing as I was in hospital at the time. I told them I was sleep walking but they didn't believe me. One night I ate a huge bag of fresh red cherries - unfortunately i ate the stones too. Talk about fibre in your diet...

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

tito

Member *

Posted Wed May 19th, 2010 6:17pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

I love cherries. I'd have been really annoyed about having missed eating them.

On the subject of moving heavy furniture, and in husband's case, climbing up the front of his parent's house, which he never would have attempted awake, it makes me think that we're all physically capable of more than our conscious selves limit ourselves to.
Does that make sense?

greentree

Posted Wed May 19th, 2010 8:05pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

Oh yes, definintely.... it's weird what some people get up to in their sleep...

I used to sleepwalk as a kid... would generally end up either downstairs (if my parents were still up) or in their bedroom, talking crap (lego pubs was the subject one night....). My mum would generally agree with me and suggest i went back to bed, and off i'd go.
When i was 13 or so i went away with the school and mum had to tell the teacher i was prone to sleep walking...... how embarrassing.....

And nightmares...used to get them a lot too...

No sig.

katysara

Posted Thu May 20th, 2010 4:00am Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

Tito said:
I love cherries. I'd have been really annoyed about having missed eating them.

I was - they were dead expensive too!

~ Stephen Fry

tito

Member *

Posted Thu May 20th, 2010 9:05am Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

I do hope if you buy cherries now you eat them immediately. I would.

In fact..........I do!

I like fresh pineapple better though. I'm now imagining a sleepwalker attempting to eat a whole pineapple.........................it's not a happy image.

katysara

Posted Thu May 20th, 2010 6:10pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

ouch!!!!!

~ Stephen Fry

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Jun 5th, 2010 7:06am Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

I'm way too late to this party but I do hope you found a system that works well for you.

For me I refuse to stop taking my diazepam despite my doctors getting a bit freaked out by my having it in the first place. I'm way too afraid of addiction to abuse the drug and it is the only anti-anxiety medication that works when I have a panic attack.

Hope you are well katysara

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

katysara

Posted Sat Jun 5th, 2010 3:46pm Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

I seem to be fine. I just keep cutting the dose every few days. I'm down from 30mg to 12.5mg - though I feel very light-headed.

Thank you for your good wishes.

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

steve l

Posted Sun Jul 29th, 2012 10:42am Post subject: I may be grumpy - diazepam withdrawal - advice?

For withdraw support contact http://www.citawithdrawal.org.uk
They are a charity with 25 years experience with withdrawal and operate a free telephone help line.
Benzodiazepines are extremely addictive and should be only taken for two to four weeks. Side effects -even in constant use, include depression, anxiety,agoraphobia, memory loss and suicide risk