Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

smithyboy85

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 11:25pm Post subject: I must say this is an absolutely fantastic series.
I have just watched episode 2 of Stephen Fry in America and although it's only been on for two weeks it really is brilliant to watch. I didn't know where to write this little note of appreciation so I thought I would put it on this forum. In everything I have seen Stephen Fry do, he comes across as a really wonderful person who has a vulnerability and inquisitiveness about him which makes him so endearing. This goes alongside his expansive knowledge of pretty much a little bit of everything which makes him in my eyes a true national treasure. I would like to thank everyone involved with the programme and look forward to watching the rest of the series. As a 23 year old with not a lot of money it is unlikely that I will visit America for many years but these Sunday evening programmes let me discover so much about life "the other side of the pond."

Stephen your are brilliant, keep up the good work...it wont be hard...just keep being yourself.

Thanks again

David Smith

harbour

Posted Sat Nov 8th, 2008 3:58pm Post subject: I must say this is an absolutely fantastic series.
Yes, I just watched the 4 episodes and despite its being an interesting idea for a documentary series, I only watched it because Stephen was in it. I was born and raised in America and listening to the nonsense that spilled forth from the majority of the Americans he spoke with, it only served as a reminder that I made the right decision by leaving for Europe when I was 18.

I loved how honest Stephen was in his opinions, both the positive and the negative, and am looking forward to reading the book.