Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amberzak

Posted Tue Oct 21st, 2008 11:49pm Post subject: I only paid 28p for the book
Sorry, I know this is completely off topic, but I wanted to share my luck.

I was most disapointed to find that there was a book to accompany the TV series, not because of the book, but because I didn't know it was coming out until I had already wasted all my Student Loan money on the requested reading list of my English degree.

So there I was, looking longingly at the book in Waterstones, wishing I wuld afford it. It was already half price, but that is no help when you have mearly a few pence in your pocket.

And then a member of staff came over. He was the one who took the £400 order for my reading list for university.

'Surely you must have enough points on your Waterstones points card' he said. So we checked. I had £9.71 on the card, and the book having been reduced to £9.99, this left 28p which just happened to be the exact amount I had in my pocket. Coincidence? I prefer to think it was fate on my side.

AHisme

Posted Tue Oct 21st, 2008 11:52pm Post subject: I only paid 28p for the book
Great luck!
These coincidences that happen sometimes, can really light up your life, can't they?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Oct 21st, 2008 11:52pm Post subject: I only paid 28p for the book
That's very lucky. ^_^ Go you!

Assuming direct control...

amberzak

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 12:01am Post subject: I only paid 28p for the book
My boyfriend is happy I got it too. Not only because he wants to read it, but because he said this is the first night where I haven't been doing University work.

He is reading it at the moment, hense why I am on here. I wont read beyond where the documentry is already. I am savouring every moment.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 1:36am Post subject: I only paid 28p for the book
what excellent luck!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Marjolein

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 8:24pm Post subject: I only paid 28p for the book
Lucky you!

Something more or less similar happened to me .... . I ordered the book at Waterstone's and they sent it to me immediately after it was published. I didn't have to pay for it, because a couple of weeks earlier I had ordered (and paid for) a book that later turned out to be out of stock. I had paid exactly the right amount of money, so I was sent a "free" copy of the book, which I enjoyed very much!!!!