Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sat Jul 25th, 2009 7:41pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
It was bound to happen. I'm so rough on things X-D

Caught my foot on the power cord and shwoop, splat! my laptop lands with a thud on the floor...thankfully, it's a tough little bear...but i've pookied the PGDN (page down) key...and I really resent myself for doing this because subconsciously I knew this sort of thing was in the future if I kept up being lazy about letting the cord lay in a certain fashion...i'd spank myself but that would be too perverse....anyone wanna volunteer? X-D X-D

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Sat Jul 25th, 2009 7:47pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
It was bound to happen. I'm so rough on things X-D

Caught my foot on the power cord and shwoop, splat! my laptop lands with a thud on the floor...thankfully, it's a tough little bear...but i've pookied the PGDN (page down) key...and I really resent myself for doing this because subconsciously I knew this sort of thing was in the future if I kept up being lazy about letting the cord lay in a certain fashion...i'd spank myself but that would be too perverse....anyone wanna volunteer? X-D X-D

I'm not much of a spanker but I am prepared to offer a stern finger wagging if that's any good.

Maxx England

Posted Sat Jul 25th, 2009 10:59pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
The giddy heights you must reach when alone with your Neptonian

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

tito

Member *

Posted Sat Jul 25th, 2009 11:02pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
The giddy heights you must reach when alone with your Neptonian

one man's finger wag is another man's spank.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 1:57am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
A spanking line? Where's my paddle?

Off topic: I saw a lady who had a very tiny laptop. I believe these are called notebooks? Are they any good?

Midsomerlover

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 2:06am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(

Off topic: I saw a lady who had a very tiny laptop. I believe these are called notebooks? Are they any good?

It seems to be the new trend now. Mini-laptops. They usually come without a DVD/CD drive so everything needs to be done by USB stick or through an internet connection. Not so convenient, but very compact.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 2:14am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(

It seems to be the new trend now. Mini-laptops. They usually come without a DVD/CD drive so everything needs to be done by USB stick or through an internet connection. Not so convenient, but very compact.

What I really want is a Mac laptop, but I can't afford one. But I do want a laptop of some kind, one that can be used for word processing and for the internet. Do you suppose they're worth the money?

Midsomerlover

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 2:28am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(

What I really want is a Mac laptop, but I can't afford one. But I do want a laptop of some kind, one that can be used for word processing and for the internet. Do you suppose they're worth the money?

From what I've heard, I'd say yes they are worth the money, depending on which one you buy of course. If it's only for word processing & internet acces then you are fine with these little laptops.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 2:30am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(

From what I've heard, I'd say yes they are worth the money, depending on which one you buy. If it's only for word processing & internet acces then you are fine with these little laptops.

Thanks for the info!

tito

Member *

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 9:45am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(

My husband bought me one which I couldn't get on with, merely because I found it all too tiny. Screen etc. But that's down to my eyesight going down hill in the last couple of years. Even wearing reading glasses I struggled with it. However our 21 year daughter now has it and uses it a lot, she is absolutely fine with it.

It might even be to do with my age. I am used to the big and clumpy, where as daughter has grown up in the age of the mobile phone and compact technology is easier for her to use.

As far as for what you need one for the notebooks are fine. I have one now which is the size of a normal laptop and does everything I need it to, wireless internet, obv, word processing and it has disc drives as per normal.

Before buying a small one, and it's worth saying that they are not that much cheaper over here than bigger designs, do really consider how you would get on with it.

Hope this helps

PamJH

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 2:22pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
That really does help, Tito. I must wear reading glasses a lot of the time and I hadn't considered that might be a problem. May I ask what you're using now?

tito

Member *

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 2:31pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
That really does help, Tito. I must wear reading glasses a lot of the time and I hadn't considered that might be a problem. May I ask what you're using now?

Now I have a fujitsu siemens Amilo notebook. It's not a top of the range job, but for basic use it's really up to the mark. I haven't had any problems, (apart from one's which were my own fault!).

Put it this way, my friend has a laptop and she paid more than double what this one cost, she gets no more use out of it and it functions on the same level.

We have got the main household computer but I just wanted one to myself for my bits and pieces.

Well worth investing in.

I hope you find the right one for you.

Nitro

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 2:42pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
Leave it to Pam to divert peoples attention away from me trying to get a good old fashioned spank going, and on to Macs. X-D

's alright. I'll sit over here in the cornor and wait till you're all bored enough of Macs to reconsider a good beating. I mean, this is like a once a year deal any of you are ever going to get from me.

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 2:57pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
Leave it to Pam to divert peoples attention away from me trying to get a good old fashioned spank going, and on to Macs. X-D

's alright. I'll sit over here in the cornor and wait till you're all bored enough of Macs to reconsider a good beating. I mean, this is like a once a year deal any of you are ever going to get from me.

Apologies!

(Tito sends a virtual slap to Nitro)

PamJH

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 3:14pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
I do apologize, Nitro, but where am I going to get free computer help except on one of your threads? And my paddle is ready and waiting for you to say, "Thank you, ma'am, may I have another?"

Tito - thanks for the info. That does help a lot.

*Back to spanking*