Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

tito

Member *

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 3:22pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
I do apologize, Nitro, but where am I going to get free computer help except on one of your threads? And my paddle is ready and waiting for you to say, "Thank you, ma'am, may I have another?"

Tito - thanks for the info. That does help a lot.

*Back to spanking*

welcome!

Nitro

Posted Mon Jul 27th, 2009 3:38am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
I do apologize, Nitro, but where am I going to get free computer help except on one of your threads? And my paddle is ready and waiting for you to say, "Thank you, ma'am, may I have another?"

Tito - thanks for the info. That does help a lot.

*Back to spanking*

ROFLMAO!!!

Really? Wow.

Nitro

Posted Mon Jul 27th, 2009 3:59am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(

What I really want is a Mac laptop, but I can't afford one. But I do want a laptop of some kind, one that can be used for word processing and for the internet. Do you suppose they're worth the money?

I can't help but the get feeling you're pulling my leg somehow...are you? I demand a confession X-D

Just about ANY laptop will do exactly those two things. And if those two things are your primary goal, I would not spend gobs of money on a bunch of 'chrome' aka bells and whistles.

They're all laptops to me, but we can call the lighter ones notebooks if it's easier. Sometimes, they are not suited to much expanision internally. But that also could be said of many laptops. The thing about 'lighter/thinner' also means 'less sturdy'. IOW, if you tend to drop/knock/bump then I'd recommend something a little heftier. If you travel a lot on planes, lighter/thinner is better in that sense. But for a lb or two..I dunno..some laptops ARE beefy.

Are you wireless? IMHO, that's the primary strength of a laptop. Mobility.

Do you want to be able to pop in a DVD occasionally, in case you're traveling or waiting someplace, stuck in a motel room etc? Do you want to be able to BURN a DVD? Then you know what you need. If not DVD's, do you want to be able to play a CD or burn a CD/CD-R/W? Most laptops now will at least have that installed.

I would recommend going to http://www.cnet.com/ . There are editors picks, as well as user reviews, as well as price comparisons between various stores. Now, if you can wait and still feel like a Mac will be beyond your budget desires, Micropoop is supposedly got a new o/s coming out and I think Google does too. Google it X-D Otherwise, just go ahead and get a laptop now with Vista since Apple's not an option. I won't bog you down about Linux options...

But you can find a notebook/wireless internet capable mobile computing machine very, very cheaply now.

A little more than subconsciously I want to go back to Mac too, which is probably why my tendencies towards murdering my laptop are increasing

I have a Toshiba. Thankfully, it has taken quite a bit of bumping. I'm not quite ready to splurge on a Mac yet either so I have time the death scene just right...[/url]

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Mon Jul 27th, 2009 5:19am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
Thanks for the info, Nitro. I dearly want a Mac laptop since I've never used anything other than a Mac. But I want to buy one for my daughter to take to college in a couple of years, so I'd like to get something less expensive for myself. As long as I can shift documents between my desktop iMac and a laptop that isn't a Mac, I think I'll be satisfied.

As for the bells and whistles and chrome, well I just love all of them. Macs are so, so easy to use. PCs seem so foreign in comparison.

I"m not wireless yet, but once I buy a laptop, I'll buy a wireless router. But I like the idea of traveling with a laptop because I could use it in so many places. I'd be able to chat on the forum while on vacation!

And while I've got you here - here's your swat!8-O

Nitro

Posted Mon Jul 27th, 2009 9:03am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
As long as I can shift documents between my desktop iMac and a laptop that isn't a Mac, I think I'll be satisfied.

I believe apple makes a program you can buy in apple store that will help with the file sharing between the two.

As for the bells and whistles and chrome, well I just love all of them. Macs are so, so easy to use. PCs seem so foreign in comparison.

I"m not wireless yet, but once I buy a laptop, I'll buy a wireless router (((((YES! You'lll need to do that )))). But I like the idea of traveling with a laptop because I could use it in so many places. I'd be able to chat on the forum while on vacation!

And while I've got you here - here's your swat!8-O

Oh now sistuh, that was one sexxxy swat! Do it again, this time on the other cheeck and say,"Let me smack that new cheek you cheeky monkey boy!"

X-D

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Mon Jul 27th, 2009 2:12pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
You are a cheeky monkey!

gjhsu

Posted Tue Jul 28th, 2009 7:29am Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
What you can do is to get one of a few Netbooks (the ultra-tiny, laptops that really are only powerful enough for word processing and the internets), and put Apple's OSX on it. That way you get the affordability of a PC netbook (usually for under $500 USD), with Apple's (imo) far superior operating system, along with the best in portability. Use it for traveling, while saving the heavy lifting for your home computer (whatever that may be)

HP's MINI 110 is an example of a netbook that can run OSX with no modification necessary. Base model runs you $299.

I'm not saying the HP is the best option, but giving you an example of what you can do at a relatively low cost.

Nitro

Posted Tue Jul 28th, 2009 1:42pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
r under $500 USD), with Apple's (imo) far superior operating system, along with the best in portability. Use it for traveling, while saving the heavy lifting for your home computer (whatever that may be)

^5 for OS X! All hail OS X....lovely...if you get netbook, OS X is the way to go because Vista would bog that sucka down LOL

You could get the best of both worlds there Pam.

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Tue Jul 28th, 2009 6:11pm Post subject: I Pooked My Laptop :(
What you can do is to get one of a few Netbooks (the ultra-tiny, laptops that really are only powerful enough for word processing and the internets), and put Apple's OSX on it. That way you get the affordability of a PC netbook (usually for under $500 USD), with Apple's (imo) far superior operating system, along with the best in portability. Use it for traveling, while saving the heavy lifting for your home computer (whatever that may be)

HP's MINI 110 is an example of a netbook that can run OSX with no modification necessary. Base model runs you $299.

I'm not saying the HP is the best option, but giving you an example of what you can do at a relatively low cost.

Wow! That's great news and it's something I can afford, too. Thanks for this. My home computer is an iMac so I have the software just sitting here. Thanks.