Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Dick Dastardly

Posted Sat Jan 17th, 2009 10:20pm Post subject: I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms!
Stephen, Stephen, Stephen. When will you be presenting a new Podgram? Hopefully, you'll produce one in (or about) Sydney?

PamJH

Posted Sun Jan 18th, 2009 4:38am Post subject: I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms!
Stephen, Stephen, Stephen. When will you be presenting a new Podgram? Hopefully, you'll produce one in (or about) Sydney?

That would be lovely, but I wonder if he's just too busy. And the BBC has asked him to zip his lip about his trip. Really, I didn' t mean for this to rhyme. Like a burp, it just happened.

Dick Dastardly

Posted Sun Jan 18th, 2009 9:37am Post subject: I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms!
Hmm - I wonder what the big hush hush is all about?

Nice rhyming by the way, Pam (Ayres)

PamJH

Posted Sun Jan 18th, 2009 6:22pm Post subject: I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms!
Hmm - I wonder what the big hush hush is all about?

From what I read, the BBC is footing the bill for the trip and doesn't want people knowing all about it before it has a chance to air, whenever that is. Unless it's just a problem with my dialup connection, I noticed his tweets concerning the trip are fewer than they used to be on this site's home page.

Sadly, I won't see the show here in the U.S. Terribly unfair, I think.

Pam

Abitoffryandblackadder

Posted Sat Apr 18th, 2009 1:34am Post subject: I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms!
Love the podcasts too. The language one was possibly my fave

BrisVegess

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 4:28am Post subject: I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

That would be lovely, but I wonder if he's just too busy. And the BBC has asked him to zip his lip about his trip. Really, I didn' t mean for this to rhyme. Like a burp, it just happened.

Stephen is in Sydney? Egads,why wasn't I told? Our continent is instantly improved by his presence.Maybe he'll do an interview with Andrew Denton for Enough Rope.That would be brilliant.
While he's here,is there any way he can convince those morons at the ABC to buy a series of QI? Our national broadcaster seems to buy all manner of tosh that the Beeb produces,but the one really glittering jewel in its crown they pass over.Why? Is it because we mightn't be familiar with all the celebrities that appear on it? I don't know half the 'personalities' on Australian tv,but if they're witty or amusing(alas,a rarity these days) they're worth watching,known or not.Stephen is well known here,as is Alan Davies(via Jonathan Creek) so why that isn't enough to sell the program is beyond me.
OK,rant over.Hope you have a SMASHING time in Australia,Stephen,and don't meet that horrible creature,Australia Horriblus(aka the Ugly Australian) while you're here.If any of my countrymen or women treat you badly,they'll have to answer to me!Have a GREAT time!
And I admit,I weep a bit every time my Itunes podcast updater fails to make a little wheel next to Stephen's podcast.But he is a busy man and spoils us with so much other great work,so I can't really complain.