Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Occy

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 8:13am Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
FUCKING CUNTING BASTARDS

There - I needed that.

We are in bushfire season - as usual half the country is on fire, the other half in flood. They caught one fire bug - the bastard is a member of the CFA - the people who put out the fires!

ClareBear

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 9:11am Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
What's a fire bug? i assume it's a 'tard that starts the fire.

joan

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 10:15am Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
Yes - a firebug is an arsonist.

Occy - it must be awful for you in the hot area - the forecast says even worse tomorrow, but that might be the peak. Here in Qld it is all flood and drought. Drought here in the SE corner, floods and more rain up north.

I've experienced temps in the mid 40s before we had aircon. All we could do was have a shower in undies and tshirts, then sit around in the wet clothes till they dried, then back in the shower...

Her in Qld, women often try to arrange their pregnancies so that the last three months are in winter - I certainly did. When you are 6-9 months gone, the baby is like a portable heating element in your body. On a hot day it is awful.

It WILL end - eventually (just like a pregnancy).

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 4:52pm Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
I'm sorry to hear about this. We have a lot of fires out west that seem to rage out of control for days.

The hottest place I've ever been is Texas in July which didn't actually seem that hot. A friend who visited Australia some years ago said it doesn't even compare, temperature-wise.

On another note, the minute I saw your subject line, I opened your post. I think that must say something about me.

Occy

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 11:45pm Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
Im sure you're not the only one

NFI how hot it gets in texas but here has been awful. today is slated to be 44 degrees here. That's 112 in the old scale and it hasn't fallen below 86 even overnight for the past week

I haven't checked the news this morning but my eyes are watering and Im sneezing which means there's something in the air - and I suspect it's smoke.

Occy

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 11:49pm Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
Check this - some cute, some heartbreaking
http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,22056,5037244-5010140,00.html#

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 12:52am Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
I'm sorry to hear about this. We have a lot of fires out west that seem to rage out of control for days.

The hottest place I've ever been is Texas in July which didn't actually seem that hot. A friend who visited Australia some years ago said it doesn't even compare, temperature-wise.

On another note, the minute I saw your subject line, I opened your post. I think that must say something about me.

We're currently under drought conditions right now and so the no burn laws are being enforced. Also depends where you are, I've been to South Texas when it's been 115, and it often does get much warmer. Here in East Texas it can get pretty warm too, anywhere in the 101 to 109 range, but when it gets to those levels it doesn't really matter, it's all miserable because the humidity increases that heat index to about 125. I still prefer it to the cold though.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 3:58am Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!

We're currently under drought conditions right now and so the no burn laws are being enforced. Also depends where you are, I've been to South Texas when it's been 115, and it often does get much warmer. Here in East Texas it can get pretty warm too, anywhere in the 101 to 109 range, but when it gets to those levels it doesn't really matter, it's all miserable because the humidity increases that heat index to about 125. I still prefer it to the cold though.

I would prefer a little Texas heat, too. My son told me he's going to steal my car (he hasn't even taken driver's ed) and ship it back once he gets to Dallas. He thought the cops wouldn't follow him. I had to break his heart and explain about hot pursuit laws.

Drought conditions? That I didn't know. I was under the impression it was a rainy fall and early winter. I take it I was wrong about that.

Occy

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 5:29am Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
We are now in our 10th year of drought., less than 30% in the water storage locations - hows texas doing?

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 4:21pm Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
We are now in our 10th year of drought., less than 30% in the water storage locations - hows texas doing?

It's the animals that are suffering, particularly in the south and western part of the state, fortunately it hasn't reached that stage where I am, and the pond in our pasture is at about 60%. If this drought continues and I have to buy every bottle of water in Texas to fill that pond for my four legged family members I will.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Occy

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 12:58am Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
people on properties have been getting water trucked in regularly foryears - expensive exercise

25 people dead in bushfires so far in Vic - sigh

Occy

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 4:20am Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
We are now blanketed in smoke. Fires are about 40 mins away and shouldn't get down here but I have a lot of friends in the area who need good thoughts

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 5:05am Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
We are now blanketed in smoke. Fires are about 40 mins away and shouldn't get down here but I have a lot of friends in the area who need good thoughts

Good thoughts coming their way

Walt Whitman

Shyamz

Posted Mon Feb 23rd, 2009 5:42pm Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
Are they any closer to stopping the last of the fires yet?

PamJH

Posted Mon Feb 23rd, 2009 10:59pm Post subject: If easily offended by language don't read!
Are they any closer to stopping the last of the fires yet?

I've been wondering, too.