Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

LeJeunesse

Posted Wed Jul 7th, 2010 7:54pm Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

Are we talking politically left or left handed?

"that woman...of dubious and questionable memory." :P

@twitter

Mandibles

Posted Wed Jul 7th, 2010 10:08pm Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

I'm 21. 22 this December. How clever at maths am I?

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Sheghi

Posted Thu Jul 8th, 2010 12:21am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

I'm 21 now .. I'll be 22 in January

.. & I ask as askingly as I might, this ask; Please Mr. Music, Will You Play? ..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Twitter: @sheghi

gjhsu

Posted Thu Jul 8th, 2010 5:29am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

26 of your human years. 27 in November

joan

Posted Thu Jul 8th, 2010 8:49am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

LeJeunesse said:

Well, both are regarded as sinister!

But - of the political Left, of course. Been around far too long to be conned by Tories. For example,they say wealth creation is great because of the trickle down effect to the badly off. I say i don't want the crumbs from the rich man's table.

Help

Posted Thu Jul 8th, 2010 9:40am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

I'm 24, but quite clearly I look like a thirteen year old

LeJeunesse

Posted Thu Jul 8th, 2010 12:36pm Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

In that case joan I'm with you. I'm a left winger myself I often end up arguing with thatcherite Tories and it can get a bit tiring but most people I know are with me I can't wait until I'm old enough to vote

@twitter

joan

Posted Thu Jul 8th, 2010 11:10pm Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

When you are too young to vote you can always make an difference by volunteering to help at your local or nearest labour MP's office. This is not a well known fact, but it is a lot of fun. You meet interesting and sometimes well-known people, you see things you wouldn't normally see, and you have a lot of interesting experiences on election day, if you are helping out at a polling booth. Here in Australia, party workers end up scruineering the vote count in the booth after the polls close, so you get to see how the whole thing works. Not sure how that bit works elsewhere.

And when it is all over on polling day, there is a big arty for party workers, lots of food and drink, and everybody cheering or commiserating as the case may be.

The important thing is - you are there!

LeJeunesse

Posted Thu Jul 8th, 2010 11:20pm Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

Cool, I'll look into it. The last GE I convinced 4 people from conservative to labour The problem is that where I live my constituency has very high lib dem and conservative voting rates. It ends up like 45% lib dem, 35% tory and 15% labour and 5% other. This means that loads of people round here vote lib dem just to keep the conservatives out, though it didnt make much of a difference this time as the hung parliament resulted in ConDemNation But I think labour will do better next GE seeing as many people felt betrayed by the coalition. However this is risky because the people who usually vote conservative will stick with it so unless loads of people swap or loads of people stay the same I'll probably end up with a tory MP and the candidate is the scariest person in the world Ohh how I long for PR...

@twitter

AC

Posted Fri Jul 9th, 2010 1:13am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

LeJeunesse said:

In my case, both

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." -Oscar Wilde

joan

Posted Fri Jul 9th, 2010 3:23am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

LeJeunesse said:
Cool, I'll look into it. The last GE I convinced 4 people from conservative to labour The problem is that where I live my constituency has very high lib dem and conservative voting rates. It ends up like 45% lib dem, 35% tory and 15% labour and 5% other. This means that loads of people round here vote lib dem just to keep the conservatives out, though it didnt make much of a difference this time as the hung parliament resulted in ConDemNation But I think labour will do better next GE seeing as many people felt betrayed by the coalition. However this is risky because the people who usually vote conservative will stick with it so unless loads of people swap or loads of people stay the same I'll probably end up with a tory MP and the candidate is the scariest person in the world Ohh how I long for PR...

I have a feeling there will be an early election when the conservatives go too far for the LibDems and they all fall out. Tory voters who are not dyed-in-the-wool may well vote Labour, because they are seriously peeved. So electioneering for the Labour candidate could make a difference. And imagine the party if they won! Perhaps you might have PR by then.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Jul 9th, 2010 4:11am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

AnCBeck23 said:
In my case, both

Same here, sinister x2.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

John Burns

Posted Fri Jul 9th, 2010 9:06am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

I'm 55, still capable of gentle manouvering but frequently need a push start. Unlikley to to fetch much at auction.

Website http://thebeastreturns.com/
Podcast http://aleister-crowley.podomatic.com
Youtube trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLioSRfqTQ4

John Burns
Purple Comedy
http://standupcomedy.podomatic.com

tsirafauna

Posted Fri Jul 9th, 2010 9:13am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

I turned 25 last January but I still have to show my ID when I want to buy beer. (for the record: here in Switzerland you can drink beer/wine at the age of 16, anything stronger at 18).
Mental age: varies between 5 and 15

@tserafouin on twitter and
@tsirafauna is my english account.

zomgmouse

Posted Fri Jul 9th, 2010 9:20am Post subject: If its not too rude to ask...

18, 19 in September.

Twitter
Sporadically-updated blog

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do be do be do - Sinatra
(-- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.)