Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

R.W.

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 1:06pm Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
LOVE! It's the best one.

I've been hovering for a while but not posted. I write stuff. At the moment I'm writing my second novel. I have 8 days to finish it. I'm just starting the search for an agent - bit scary.

Other writing things I do include interviewing Stephen Fry (I only did it once but it rocked) and writing a blog about my journey to become a novelist, afford the heating bill and keep chugging along despite being a Pov. I'd love it if you'd check it out and love it even more if Stephen did but from what I understand, his life has become very twittersome and other people's blogs may be a little old school for him now. Anyway, for those of you with an interest, the blog address is:

http://frombrain2bookshelf.blogspot.com

Look forward to hearing what idea you'd be.

R.W.[/list]

fanoffry

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 3:53pm Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
Welcome R.W.! I am insanely jealous that you got to interview Stephen.

Interesting question about being an idea. It is entirely too early in the morning for me to think of an answer, but I'll get back to you on that.

Maxx England

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 4:37pm Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
Frivolity

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 6th, 2009 11:09pm Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
Either humor or courage.

Jarus

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 12:43pm Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
Gluttony

Occy

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 1:06pm Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
just to fuck with you - exisistentialism

R.W.

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 4:14pm Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
just to fuck with you - exisistentialism

Intriguing... so you'd be inspired by Kierkegaard's philosophy:

'the thing is to find a truth which is true for me, to find the idea for which I can live and die.'

Tricky that one... you'd have to find an idea to live and die for, die for it and then come back as it. Problem is that the concept of 'dying' for the idea would be reduced somewhat by the knowledge that you would again live for it - and because of it - in a kind of live-die-live sandwich. Is that a problem or not? Hmmm. You know, I don't know.

Maybe if you came back as the idea you'd lived and died for it would be so great you'd want to come back as it again but you wouldn't be able to as you'd just be an idea not a human thinking an idea and wouldn't that mess with the nub of your existentialist notions?

Occy

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 1:06am Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
See told you it was a tricky one!

But why would it be reduced if I came back as it - if i was an idea I would have no ideals!

PamJH

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 2:48am Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
I'd also like to come back as reason. Sometimes I'm quite unreasonable, or so I've been told.

Snibs

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 5:39pm Post subject: If you were reincarnated as an idea, what idea would you be?
Hedonism. After all if you can't have fun what's the point in coming back at all?