Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Dec 6th, 2008 11:16pm Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
Does no-one wear DM's anymore? Am I just stuck in the early nineties

That would be me.

ClareBear

Posted Sun Dec 7th, 2008 9:43am Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
I suppose it's finding somewhere that sells them now....

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Dec 7th, 2008 1:29pm Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
Does no-one wear DM's anymore? Am I just stuck in the early nineties

I do. I have four pairs of boots plus a pair of crossbar sandals.

Assuming direct control...

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Dec 7th, 2008 4:23pm Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
At school my roommate had DM's, and when he snored (all the time), I would throw them at him.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

toowit_toowoo

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 2:49am Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
my New rocks have lasted me 2 years now, and they are still going.
which is quite supprising since i wear whem everywhere.

newer New Rocks won't. Service them well.

Tell me about it.
I bought some BNWT New Rocks from eBay and after one year had to get them re-heeled for £30.
My friend has some New Rocks which I've not known to last without breaking for longer than a few months.

RobertBruce

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 9:58am Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
For what I am am about to say , please forgive me as it may sound like a pathetic woos type thing BUT.... I love my Hi-Tec boots!

Seriously. Why?

Years ago I was visiting a mate on a construction site (he and his crew were working at night to complete the project) and they had a 10m scaffold platform with half railway sleepers on the top forming the platform on and from which 3 crew were working.

I was down below talking up at them. The whole rig collapsed and one of the half-sleepers came down at me. As I was moving back it past me so closely I felt the wind it caused ruffle my fringe. But I was not quick enough and it landed on my left foot. No toes broken just the middle structure of the foot crushed.

Luckily I was wearing my Hi-tecs.

I have a limp as a result with a slightly awkward gait but I still have both feet.

So, Michael - get those steel-capped boots or DMs and go kick some ass!

michael

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 3:58pm Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
For what I am am about to say , please forgive me as it may sound like a pathetic woos type thing BUT.... I love my Hi-Tec boots!

Seriously. Why?

Years ago I was visiting a mate on a construction site (he and his crew were working at night to complete the project) and they had a 10m scaffold platform with half railway sleepers on the top forming the platform on and from which 3 crew were working.

I was down below talking up at them. The whole rig collapsed and one of the half-sleepers came down at me. As I was moving back it past me so closely I felt the wind it caused ruffle my fringe. But I was not quick enough and it landed on my left foot. No toes broken just the middle structure of the foot crushed.

Luckily I was wearing my Hi-tecs.

I have a limp as a result with a slightly awkward gait but I still have both feet.

So, Michael - get those steel-capped boots or DMs and go kick some ass!

oh jeezuss! no wonder it's required footwear!!!

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

ClareBear

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 9:12pm Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
Yup, broken toes aren't funny.....most of my left foot will be numb for life due to breaking a handful (or footful) of toes.

Shirahime

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 10:43pm Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
They don't make anything to last anymore. I'm tired of buying new clothes only for them to fall apart after one wear. It's ridiculous, clothes never used to be so bad.

That's why I always buy and wear skaters clothing. About the only stuff that can stand up the constant abuse I give it from me ending up on my arse all the damn time.

Or getting caught on door handles, etc...

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 6:35am Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
i wear harley davidson motorcycle boots...more my style but won't protect me too much from falling objects.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 1:53am Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
[quote="EternalStudent"]i wear harley davidson motorcycle boots...more my style but won't protect me too much from falling objects.[/quote

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Maxx England

Posted Fri Dec 12th, 2008 4:08pm Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
i wear harley davidson motorcycle boots...more my style but won't protect me too much from falling objects.

Falling objects? Is this some sort of euphemism for H-D handling capabilities?

Docs: got 2 pairs, 1 is over 15 years old, carrying many scars from sidecar passengering and thrashing little solo motorcycles around a track; I call them my History Boots. The other pair is about 10 yrs old, still quite shiny and unworn, ideal for wearing and looking formal in adverse weather conditions under trousers.

Motocross boots are fine on a bike, but not ideal for off bike wear, UNLESS you want to go shin kicking. If that's the case, there is nothing better suited.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 12:36am Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots

Falling objects? Is this some sort of euphemism for H-D handling capabilities?

I wish I could say something about their handling capabilities but alas..I am way too much of a chicken to have a motorcycle. I do love the looks of them though. And have ridden on a few as a passenger....will save the appropriate terminology for now.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Maxx England

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 1:51pm Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
Bikes are OK, just understand that you are vulnerable and everyone else on the road is a mentally deficient blind murderer and you'll get by.

I just wonder, is there one make of car in the US that bike riders hate and fear for the incompetence/callous disregard for others of it's drivers? Here it's Volvos, I know 3 people all lost all or part of a leg in a road accident, common link, VOLVO. The problem is even if you don't get hurt when you get knocked off by them, you can't punch the drivers. The guide dogs bite you.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

RobertBruce

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 2:45pm Post subject: i'm going to need a new pair of boots
The problem is even if you don't get hurt when you get knocked off by them, you can't punch the drivers. The guide dogs bite you.

Bwaahaahaahaa!! X-D

Priceless!