Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

toowit_toowoo

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 1:41am Post subject: I'm not a #*%&ing PC!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hi1se9rH7S8

The Zero Room certainly seems the best place to declare, shortly and not-so-sweetly:

I despise that advert more than I despise all the injustice in the world!!

Does anybody else agree with me? I'm hoping I'll get lots of support here, as Stephen Fry is an out-and-proud Mac fan.

Nitro

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 3:32am Post subject: I'm not a #*%&ing PC!
While I'm not a fan of platform wars, well, at least not being involved in them, I admit I am amused by listening to them sometimes X-D

But, I do think the "I'm a PC" advert reeks of self-consciousness. IMHO, if Microsoft feels a little insecure, even a little bit, I'd say,"It's about god damned time!" X-D

Really? Wow.

keymaker

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 7:21pm Post subject: I'm not a #*%&ing PC!
I despise that advert... Does anybody else agree with me?
It's pretty dire - what's it about? I s'pose they're still trying flog the Windows dead horse in time for Christmas with Apple dominating media and the arts and google ready to take over the desktop with cloud computing - but I could be wrong.

km

Katrina

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 8:57pm Post subject: I'm not a #*%&ing PC!
Okay so you know those Vista commercials where they disguise it as Mojave? How much do you want to bet that, like, a thousand people have gone in and actually asked for Mojave?

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 6:39am Post subject: I'm not a #*%&ing PC!
the i'm a pc adverts were edited on a mac (which is so LAWL)

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

nickb123

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 10:31pm Post subject: I'm not a #*%&ing PC!
Yes I remember reading that story! They used the Mac version of Adobe software, I think it was. Quite an embarrassment. I kind of think Microsoft has missed the point with their "I'm a PC" ads, as the idea of the Mac version was to go against the stuffy mass corporate image of Microsoft with simplicity. Microsoft's counter consists of a number of celebrities, flashy images, and more than necessary amounts of Bill Gates.

Off-topic, but I do hate PCs. I liked Stephen's recent Tweets about it - I was the same. It took my sis three hours to connect to the wireless Internet service. With my MacBook, it took me 30 seconds.